Loch Achray meet 23rd -26th June 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
well i hope to be there early afternoon. maybe this time I'll remember my sharpening gear :D

are there any plans for a communal meal this time?

also I'll be bringing both my bows this time (the recurve and the compound) :cool:

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I'll definitely be there with Cameron my grandson. He'll need a tent so I hope there is enough tent space left. If not, we can bivvy in the woods, or make a natural shelter.

I have plenty of leather for water bottle making. If you want to do this workshop can you please PM me so I have a rough idea of numbers. The cost of the leather and other consumables will be £15. That just covers my costs (2 chunks of leather, linen thread and natural beeswax).

I sold all my bottles at the weekend, so I'll be churning out lots more in the next week or so. I'll bring some along for anyone to buy if they want one, but don't fancy doing the workshop.

I also have some freebies to give away. Don't forget your swap stuff as well as it is always popular.

Eric

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
MagiKelly (hammock)
JamesOConnor ( Hammock)
Wayland & Debbie (2 Hammocks)
Match & Fire Ferret (2 hammocks)
Grooveski ( Hammock) Fri - Mon
warthog1981 ( Hammock) Fri - Mon
Doc +2 (tent) Fri - Sun
JohnC (hammock) Fri - Sun
stuart f (Tarp) Fri - Mon
Eric_Methven +1 (Hammock & Tent) Sat - Mon
hammy (Hammock) Sat -Sun
Bowser (PINK tent :) )
Graham S + Katy (2 Hammocks + maybe tent)
gregorach ( Hammock)

19 plus about a half doxen on SotP

We are fine for Tent space at the moment.

Probably not got time for the workshop but will be interested in buying a water bottle. Probably the larger the better.

Jun 5, 2006
Dundee
Hello, I am new to this and know very little about Bush Craft apart from what Graham has endeavoured to teach me - (we've not covered the combustion of methylated spirits, yet)! However, I enjoy being outdoors and I'm willing to learn. I am finding this website very useful and I'm enjoying seeing some lovely photography on it too.

If anyone needs a lift to Loch Achray, or, would like us to transport something, the two of us have a little bit of room in my small three door car. We're leaving from the Dundee vicinity early on the Friday morning and will be departing at some point on the Monday; we could pick up/drop to the Dundee vicinity or at a location on our way.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone and will do my best to keep my shyness at bay over the weekend!

Kind regards, Katy

Wayland

Hárbarðr
John, are there any issues about bringing dogs to Achray?

Skadi.jpg

She's about the size of a Jack Russell on stilts.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I don't know specifically about the campsite but Achray Forest itself is a popular place for dog walking.

Welcome to the forum Katy. I'm sure you'll enjoy the weekend. If the weather is like today it will be idyllic: relaxing by the lochside, paddling around in the canoes, the song of the birds, the waves lapping against the shore, the sudden 'WOOF!' as Graham ignites something better left unignited......

Glad to hear that Cameron is coming, Eric. That makes three with my two eldest sons. Last time the kids all played well together and I'm sure it will be the same again.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi Craig, i would,nt think it would be a problem as there was a maxium number of 50 bodies, but going by John's last count there are 19 from here and half a dozen from his website.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
As Stuart said there is still plenty of room for youMagiKelly (hammock)
JamesOConnor ( Hammock)
Wayland & Debbie (2 Hammocks)
Match & Fire Ferret (2 hammocks)
Grooveski ( Hammock) Fri - Mon
warthog1981 ( Hammock) Fri - Mon
Doc +2 (tent) Fri - Sun
JohnC (hammock) Fri - Sun
stuart f (Tarp) Fri - Mon
Eric_Methven +1 (Hammock & Tent) Sat - Mon
hammy (Hammock) Sat -Sun
Bowser (PINK tent :) )
Graham S + Katy (2 Hammocks + maybe tent)
gregorach ( Hammock)
Craig M9 + 1 (2 Hammocks) Sat + Sun

21 plus about a half doxen on SotP

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi John,i was wondering if it would be ok to bring this set up,i would be using it to cook my grub. The reason i chose this is so that i can cook without making another fire scar.Anyway i thought i had better run it by you because i know that we are only allowed one fire site at the loch.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=13231

I would be using charcoal as my main fuel.

I thought i had better ask rather than just turn up with it.

Anyway i would be grateful for your thoughts.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE