Loch Achray meet 23rd -26th June 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Bummer indeed!

Aye Doc, I'll bring the lot.
You don't really want a shot though. You'll just come away thinking "I think I need....." :rolleyes:.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
MagiKelly said:
It would be tempting but for a couple of minor problems. The Island is attached to the shore and too overgrown to pitch a hammock. Still there are nice raspberries to be harvested there at the right time of year.

So you have thought about it, I think you need to get a small area cleared, right in the middle and have you own private hide away :D

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
MagiKelly said:
All I would need is an ave and a saw. Now were would I get a hold of such things at a BCUK meet up :)

yep!! and all the helpers you wanted too!! as im sure thre would be a few folk wanting to bash away at the rhodedendrons etc on that island!! :D

regards
james

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
MagiKelly said:
So we will need someone to give Matt a hand with the tarps as well then :)

Don't worry I've been practicing (read freezing to death in the lovely weather Scotland has had so far this year :rolleyes: )

So what new skills etc are people bringing along this time? I'll happily teach bowdrill and do some kind of wild plant walk if people want.

Is there any chance of anyone teaching flintknapping? Something I'd be interested in learning...

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
I'll bring my tarp and a couple of nodules and do a basic demo(trust me, it'll be basic - that's all I know ;)).
Will have enough material for a couple of folk to have a good shot but can't cart all this flint over the Trossachs, still think a central belt meet would be best for a big knapping session.

There's a couple of kilos of beeswax lying here that I'll pack if anyone want's to make a leather bottle. If you do I'll probably join you as I still haven't tried it myself and it's an excuse to hang out at at Eric's pad :).
It's a good location for collecting pine resin. I saw loads while driving in last time then plain forgot to go gathering(well, got sidetracked with the mushroom hunt). Those whopping great whatever-they-are pine fair pour it out.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i've been in belgium so i've been off the 'net.
anyway my new girlfriend has decided that she wants to join me in my hobby. i may have to behave myself.
on a side note, i've taken up spinning poi.
apparently you can do it while they're burning :D

i'll be in my hammock, katy will either be in a hammock or a tent (depending on whether she can get on with a hammock or not)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE