Loch Achray meet 23rd -26th June 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Sounds good, John. The Forestry Commission have a lot of nice places and it could be good to try an alternate site. It is near to Achray so should be similarly convenient. Were you planning a recce?

BTW, I owe you camping fees for the Achray meeet. I would have paypaled it but figured you might send me a hammock or something by mistake. :)

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Doc said:
Sounds good, John. The Forestry Commission have a lot of nice places and it could be good to try an alternate site. It is near to Achray so should be similarly convenient. Were you planning a recce?

Might have a look this Sunday, are you coming :)

Doc said:
BTW, I owe you camping fees for the Achray meeet. I would have paypaled it but figured you might send me a hammock or something by mistake. :)

Even group buy hammocks are not that cheap.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
MagiKelly said:
Might have a look this Sunday, are you coming :)

Even group buy hammocks are not that cheap.

I think I've negotiated some 'paddling leave' and will be there with Ross, but will have to peel off and head home at lunchtime. Don't know where the FC campsite is though.

There is a rumour going round that the Indonesian government have appointed you Minister for Commerce, having singlehandedly trebled their hammock exports.

I'll bring the shekels on Sunday. :)

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
A lot has already been said about the meet so I will let the pictures do most of the talking.

I think it is clear that Russell (Warthog) will be getting a canoe.

sotpachray1.jpg

and Andrew will be not far behind. (seen hear talking to Maggie)

sotpachray2.jpg

A general chat with Graham and Katy taking no chances.

sotpachray3.jpg

You can tell there are bushcrafters about from the hammocks and tarps.

sotpachray4.jpg

More chat. Graham and Katy still taking no chances.

sotpachray5.jpg

A view of the site from the Loch.

sotpachray6.jpg

Allan Ramsay had a try of the Prospector with the sail rig. Honestly it really is hard work :rolleyes:

sotpachray7.jpg

Allan and Maggie exploring the river.

sotpachray8.jpg

Stuart and Carol Anne looking like they do this all the time (which they don't)

sotpachray9.jpg

Zippy gets to go solo for a change.

sotpachray10.jpg

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i maintain that the 8 quid i spent on that head net was the best money i have ever spent on an item of bushcraft gear.

also, i may be at the game fair on sunday

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE