Loch Achray meet 23rd -26th June 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Sure, depending on location and my availability... :)

There was talk of another Brownlee meet, was there not?

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
It is easy enough for us to get the Loch Achray site again, the only problem being that with the sort of numbers we would end up with something would need to be sorted out about toilet facilities.

The last time we had about 35 people and I would expect more now with SotP members coming as well. 50 people wandering off into the woods on digging duties is a little impractical. Wayland did suggest a bigger spade but I am not sure he was serious :)

Solutions would be a Potaloo hired for the duration or chemical toilets brought by people coming. If we get a solution I am happy to sort out dates etc.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Im up for it - and the moot sounds good to ;)

Just need location and dates. I have my own cemical toilet with toilet tent will bring it but 50+?????
A good deep pit near a willow tree is a good idear (willow just eats up that sort of thing)

MagiKelly

Wayland said:
I personally think all bushcrafters should take responsibility for their own waste.

I agree. A chemical toilet or packing it out are the only ecologically sound options for this site. I have discussed this with Stuart at the Forestry Commission and they should not really be allowing any burying of waste near the camp site as most of it is only marginally above the water table so any contaminants in the waste will be able to leach into the water.

sparks

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2005
i seem to rememder that there was a toilet block part way round the forrest drive but i do not know
if it was open all the time or not and if it is for key holders only or the public

adam

MagiKelly

I do not think the hire of a portaloo for the duration would be a problem. It is just another thing to organize. Someone probably needs to be there to sign for it when it arrives and maybe when it leaves. It is not a difficult thing to sort out just one that I do not really have time to fit in at the moments.

Of course if someone is volunteering to sort out the portaloo arrangements...................................

typha

Mar 31, 2006
Lanarkshire Scotland
I would be interested in coming along to your meet up if I would be welcome.If someone could let me know when and where I will come along.The toilet arrangements seem to be causing some problems , I may be able to help out as I have quite flexible working hours. If someone was needed on site to sign for the portaloo I could do it , although I do not know anyone so you are probably reluctant to give that responsibilty to a stranger.

jamesoconnor

Nomad
Jul 19, 2005
Hamilton, lanarkshire
typha said:
I would be interested in coming along to your meet up if I would be welcome.If someone could let me know when and where I will come along.The toilet arrangements seem to be causing some problems , I may be able to help out as I have quite flexible working hours. If someone was needed on site to sign for the portaloo I could do it , although I do not know anyone so you are probably reluctant to give that responsibilty to a stranger.

and there we have our volunteer!!! :lmao:
you are more than welcome at these meets. the people are fantastic and its really intresting watching whats going on.

regards
james :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE