Brew kit - what do YOU use?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tommyd345

Nomad
Feb 2, 2015
Norfolk
There's always the possibility of making Alexander's coffee, if near the coast. Take the seeds, roast, grind and add water! Mind you the Alexander's coffee I made was revolting!

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I'm a fan of various sachets of whatever is going cheap at the bargain stores. Coffee, black usually, but through the winter it switches to the chocolate sachets as well. If out for longer, tin of powdered milk as well.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

tsitenha

Nomad
Dec 18, 2008
Kanata
At home strong coffee, out in the bush (hunting/canoeing/fishing etc) its tea, black (bags or loose leaf) with some bannock and preserves.
We use metal cups (presently GI canteen cups) warms my hands and gut. :)

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
I usually make up coffee kits for every brew intended, 1 spoon Nescafe coffee, 1/2 spoon sugar, 1/2 spoon dried milk in small zippy bags. Milbank bag for filteration and a good boil up. That make an acceptable brew for this.
esbit_stove.jpg

Solid fuel then small sticks/twigs to keep the fire going.

If its coffee it has to be done properly... Cowboy coffee.
Usually though I use herbal teas, or individual tea bags and drink black. I try to carry a decent 1/2 quart bag of hot chocolate powder, because that stuff is lush and massive morale when you're hungry and cold

Tommyd345

Nomad
Feb 2, 2015
Norfolk
I usually make up coffee kits for every brew intended, 1 spoon Nescafe coffee, 1/2 spoon sugar, 1/2 spoon dried milk in small zippy bags. Milbank bag for filteration and a good boil up. That make an acceptable brew for this.
esbit_stove.jpg

Solid fuel then small sticks/twigs to keep the fire going.
What is that contraption?? It looks good!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Rediscovered Lyons coffee bags this weekend. For sheer bloody laziness or throwing in the "Ineveremptymy" bag, you can't beat em. Individually foil wrapped, low bulk, low weight. Add hot water for "better than any instant ever".

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
I bring cream without lactose. It stays fresh way longer than ordinary cream, even in room temperature!
To keep it cool, which I really only have to do in the summer, I keep it in a water tight bag in a nearby water source, or dig it in the ground.

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
Not making, partaking.

I can make a killer coffee or cupoa tea, was a barister for a year and a half and then went in to work for a high-end loose tea company, but even as a chef, never touched the stuff. Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, hot, cold, no thanks. Cold water for me please (living in hong Kong was a real challenge, unless it was bottled water, then you got given a cup of boiling water with ice cubes in it because it was too polluted to drink straight from the tap)

I like to think it makes me a stronger person by not having a caffeine addiction :p

Last edited:

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I can make a killer coffee or cupoa tea, was a barister for a year and a half and then went in to work for a high-end loose tea company, but even as a chef, never touched the stuff. Tea, coffee, hot chocolate, hot, cold, no thanks. Cold water for me please (living in hong Kong was a real challenge, unless it was bottled water, then you got given a cup of boiling water with ice cubes in it because it was too polluted to drink straight from the tap)

I like to think it makes me a stronger person by not having a caffeine addiction :p
Understood on the ordeal of HK living. Caffeine addiction? Don't know about that. I do enjoy the kick I get early morning from a coffee. Don't think I'm addicted to it though. But, more often than not, it's decaf. I love the taste of coffee, the aroma particularly.
On a cold start to the day, the smell, taste of coffee is hard to beat. I enjoy the rest of it too, of course.. Fuel, fire.. the wait, anticipation.. Sit back, and relax.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE