Brew kit - what do YOU use?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I like Camp Coffee too….just remember mine's supposed to be hot and sweet and not drenched in extract of bovine mammary glands :)

It's good for baking with as well and it makes really good coffee ice cream.

M

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
This stuff really appears to be the 'Marmite' of the Bushcraft beverages. Love it or loath are the only options it seems. I'm determined to get some to try now, with my squeezy milk added, obviously.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
I might get some, we have been thinking about trying a different shade of brown on the front gate for a while now...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
You can buy Mellow Birds in most supermarkets... I'm not saying you should... just that you can :D

Mellow Birds - 200g

I must have my psychological denial blinkers on when walking down the coffee isle. I can actually smell and taste it in my mind as I write this. Yuck.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
I can actually smell and taste it in my mind as I write this. Yuck.

I empathise with your comment Goatboy, just the mention of Mellow Birds and Camp coffee makes me shudder, I remain psychologically scarred by the memory of the taste, they should be issued only on prescription :p.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
If you want to be really decadent / switched-on you can carry a bottle of this instead of sugar;

large.jpg

Tastes the exact same and goes further, and in my opinion is easier than carrying granulated sugar.

Also, while your in the shop pick up a cheap small funnel to refill your bottles with the cheaper stuff, tastes all the same really....

And some of the coffee setups on here :O puts my kitchen to shame brew wise haha

Tonyuk

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Usually first night out on a long distance walk, it's Nescafé 3 in 1s, seven large Errr "coffees" at night and three good healthy hair of the dog slugs in the morning for the day ahead, after that for the next 3 or 4 days even tinker tea would be a luxury, its Pine tea all the way, next time out I might try throwing another Dandelion root on the fire last thing at night and roasting it for the morning, coffee substitute :yuck:

free photo upload

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
If you want to be really decadent / switched-on you can carry a bottle of this instead of sugar;

large.jpg

Tastes the exact same and goes further, and in my opinion is easier than carrying granulated sugar.

Also, while your in the shop pick up a cheap small funnel to refill your bottles with the cheaper stuff, tastes all the same really....

And some of the coffee setups on here :O puts my kitchen to shame brew wise haha

Tonyuk
Again, something I've not tried, although I have a small bottle of cheap squeezy honey at both places where I work. I usually go without sugar when outdoors, but there are some good options coming along.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Bizarrely I do... but unfortunately that isn't one of mine... its an acorn drink sold on Etsy.

Nowt wrong with a new brand called 'British Red' though :D

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
<chuckle>

Lucky guess!

Keep toying with the idea of a logo for our website etc. - But haven't an artistic bone in my body!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE