what size liquid fuel bottle for optimus polaris optifuel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gibson 175

Apr 9, 2022
West Yorkshire
the accompanying optimus fuel bottles come in 3 sizes. Either 0.4L or 0.6 or 1 Litre. What size do you use or recommend? I will be car camping mostly and possibly backpacking. Apparently you must not fill them up completely but leave some airspace. This means that when you flip the bottle over no more fuel goes down the line-very handy for when you are turning it off as the fuel in the line is burnt off. Does anyone use a 0.4L size bottle for this or any other brand of white gas stove? I have the small might be too small?

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Make a couple of camp meals/brews in your garden/backyard. Work out what you need from that. If you cook in the bag or pot noodle then you won’t need as much as if you make a curry from scratch.

I’m a car camper and sometimes a site won’t allow a Kelly Kettle. Then I use an alcohol stove. I always use a litre fuel bottle.

Reactions: gibson 175

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
1 liter size lasts ok .
Easy to stash and if only used once in the morning for coffee and at night for your main hot meal it is surprising how long it will last

Reactions: gibson 175

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE