What luxuries do you take bushcrafting?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Vyvsdad

Nov 15, 2011
london
Hi,
The title says it all really. What 'unnecessary' luxuries, if any, to you take into the bush?

Personally, I take a small radio and some headphones so I can listen to farming today, and I used to take my dog, which although nice was another mouth to feed.

Or maybe you think less is more?

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I've got a wind up mp3 player that I pack but I seldom use it, if I'm honest

Things like chocolate, nuts & rillettes aren't strictly necessary, I suppose!

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Rarely, a thick wool blanket or two. To lie on, not to lie under. Bliss.

Now and then, a book. I don't usually get the chance to read it.

Sometimes, a Jerven bag. It mostly makes me too hot.

Often, a tent. And almost as often, I don't take it out of its bag but use it as a pillow.

Usually, two or sometimes even three hot water bottles. If I have to wrap them up in jumpers because they're too hot then the water is better for washing the next day.

Almost always, a large non-stick frying pan. Some people will tell you I like a big breakfast. :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Phoey! I can do that at home, I dont very often get the time to watch DVDs....its a wet holiday treat

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Occasionally, I'll take a radio but my usual luxury is a book (never a Kindle, no matter how great they are...). There's something wonderfully indulgent about being warm and snug in your hammock as the rain patters down on the tarp and you are there, losing yourself in the narrative ... bliss!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE