What luxuries do you take bushcrafting?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I agree with John Fenna's line but most people would say these are luxuries (and there are lots more I just can't remember them all)
  • a memory foam mattress to go on my camp bed on top of the exped 7 mattress
  • a big red bottle to pee in at night without having to get out of bed ( I still have to unzip the sleeping bag though so still working on that one:))
  • a chair
  • rucksack tripod (ready made)
  • extending wilko clothes poles
  • charcoal
  • car within 200 yards or so, when unloading
  • biscuits/cakes (for when cooking is taking an age - or not as the case may be:))
I think that is enough for you to understand that I am not rough and tough but a big softie:)

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
3 of the last 5 comments nearly made me spit out my wine!

I haverecently bough a nice fleece pillow case made by Kepis - I look forward to trying it. Also my new Icebreaker fleece - its a bit luxury TBH!

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
a giant aluminium casket full of bacon, sausages, fresh milk, and pipe tobbaco.

and i force people i,ve never met before to carry it for me.

oh,..i take my poetry kit with me too,...

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Not really a luxury but I always seem to take too many sharp and pointy things.

For example I would take my belt knife, folding saw and SAK. That's always enough, but then I tend to pack a huge knife, axe, another SAK and a small multi tool. Usually 2 hand torches and a head light too! Plus way too many spare batteries. Of course theres the booze. 3 bottles of Badgers Tangle Foot is plenty, but 5 are often taken, just in case :naughty:

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
a giant aluminium casket full of ........ pipe tobbaco

Hmmm, cant quite picture you with a pipe given what I've seen on the "photo of yourself thread". Is it anything like this:
popeye.gif

or perhaps this:
popeyeforreal.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE