Loch Tay meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Preferred date for a Meet up at The Scottish Crannog Centre, Loch Tay.

• 26th to 29th October 2007

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 2nd to 5th November 2007

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • 9th to 12th November 2007

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • 16th to 19th November 2007

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • 23rd to 26th November 2007

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • 30th November to 3rd December 2007

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
The gods looked down, smiled, and said "ye shall have the weekend off":D :D :D . Yay, count me in.

As long as nothing else falls off the car between now and then that is:eek:

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
I hoping to re-acquire a parachute; I reckon that'd make a good central gathering area under some sort of cover if needed.
cheers,
Toddy

I meant to add, I have a large dark green polyethylene tarp if its any use. By large I mean 8M by 6M or there abouts. Let me know if you need it.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
it turns out that the the scotland - italy wolrd cup final is on the seveteenth of november! does anyone fancy a two hour trip to aberfeldy to watch it in the pub? :rolleyes:

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Yipee! EdS has offered to pick me up in Durham so I can make it after all. I'll be packing leathercraft stuff and some hand tools so I won't feel like a useless numptie. Can't wait!

Eric

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Yipee! EdS has offered to pick me up in Durham so I can make it after all. I'll be packing leathercraft stuff and some hand tools so I won't feel like a useless numptie. Can't wait!

Eric

Nice one Eric - do you want to pick up those fleeces then? i can take them to the Crannog and leave them with you if you have room in the vehicle for the return trip...

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
I also meant to ask, has it been decided yet if we are having a bulk midday meal? If someone volunteers to cook a bulk meal and we all chip in to the kitty, the rest of us will have more time to give demos and do workshops without having to break off to start preparing their own lunch.

Eric

Hi all,

Can anyone come to this as me and my mate would love to come, we can't bring much , but a willingness to learn.
We have our own kit ,but lack the knowledge that goes with it, don't get me wrong we're not daft wee laddies , just we've both really tinkered with the bushcraft thing , never really took it seriuosly until I became a dad anyway & now I find I want to learn these things, hehe wether it's to hide in the woods from my missus & kids or just so I can teach them to be more in tune with nature & I'm pretty sure my mate Chris feels the same about teaching his son.

So after my short ramble , is this meet open to anyone especially newbies lol.

Tree

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Hi all,

Can anyone come to this as me and my mate would love to come, we can't bring much , but a willingness to learn.
We have our own kit ,but lack the knowledge that goes with it, don't get me wrong we're not daft wee laddies , just we've both really tinkered with the bushcraft thing , never really took it seriuosly until I became a dad anyway & now I find I want to learn these things, hehe wether it's to hide in the woods from my missus & kids or just so I can teach them to be more in tune with nature & I'm pretty sure my mate Chris feels the same about teaching his son.

So after my short ramble , is this meet open to anyone especially newbies lol.

Tree

Come with an open mind and a sense of humour and you won't go far wrong.

Eric

lofthouse31

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 16, 2007
Wiltshire
Cant make it my jailer/wife wont stamp my pass book for it, hope you all have a fab time of it, excellant pic of the yew tree.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Have we decided on a definate date for the meet yet? I can give a lift to and from the falkirk area if someone is stuck for transport. :)

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I also meant to ask, has it been decided yet if we are having a bulk midday meal? If someone volunteers to cook a bulk meal and we all chip in to the kitty, the rest of us will have more time to give demos and do workshops without having to break off to start preparing their own lunch.

Eric

i said i'd help cook but i dont have a huge amount of kit to bring, does anyone know what will be available?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Daylight is short; d'you think we could manage lunch over at the Crannog site and make our communal dinner in the evenings when we can sit around the fire enjoying the company?

I have large pots, suitable for feeding the 5,000 if necessary. Bring the kelly kettles too though, hot water is always a good thing. If you're up for cooking Rob, I'll see you have equipment :)
Patrick's already said he'll bring some game, what would you suggest the vegetarian's bring along?

Robbie, yes please, bring the big tarp; if the weather's dry we ought not need it, but, it's Scotland, it's Autumn :rolleyes: I've got 100 metres of bungee cord and a bundle of carabiners. Surely it's not beyond mortal wit for us to work out someway of providing space for folks to work, eat and chill out.

Russ, at this rate you'll be cuddling your rucksack in the front seat of my car, again :eek:

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE