The hermit of Loch Treig

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
For what it's worth, I went to a talk in the summer with Will Millard. He was promoting Ken Smith's book (the hermit in question), which he helped him write (the majority of the proceeds going back to Ken btw)
Some very fine, hilarious and heartwarming stories, both in the talk and in the book.
Will spoke with respect, kindness and with a real affection for Ken.
It's is a fascinating read, told (I think mostly) in Ken's words.
For those interested it answers a lot of the questions asked here, never the less it's certainly worth reading imho.

Reactions: Souledman

Jonno70

Dec 23, 2023
Cumbria
Hi all just joined up and thought I would comment on the Hermit. I have just listened to the audiobook and thoroughly enjoyed it. Lots of people have helped him get where he is and a chance meeting with the landowner proving that sometimes things are just meant to be. Not an easy life and whilst it sound idyllic what does come across is how much hardwork is involved living that lifestyle. His connection with nature is heartwarming especially the part where he rescues an injured crow, for some reason it left a impression on me and I have been thinking about this book a lot which is unusual for me as I tend to drift off when I'm out walking the dogs with my headphones on.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Hi all just joined up and thought I would comment on the Hermit. I have just listened to the audiobook and thoroughly enjoyed it. Lots of people have helped him get where he is and a chance meeting with the landowner proving that sometimes things are just meant to be. Not an easy life and whilst it sound idyllic what does come across is how much hardwork is involved living that lifestyle. His connection with nature is heartwarming especially the part where he rescues an injured crow, for some reason it left a impression on me and I have been thinking about this book a lot which is unusual for me as I tend to drift off when I'm out walking the dogs with my headphones on.

Hi Jonno, welcome to the forum :)
Why not introduce yourself in the New Members Forum?

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
where can i get the audio book?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE