how do you carry yours?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

favorite carry style

• on the belt (strong side)

Votes: 267 53.3%
  • onthe belt (cross draw)

Votes: 71 14.2%
  • around the neck (bandolier)

Votes: 70 14.0%
  • in a pack

Votes: 93 18.6%

• Total voters
May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
I voted Neck Sheath, because it's how I carry my mora. Since I always carry at least two blades, one goes on my neck, and one on my belt. The belt knife is an added tool, but I know the neck knife is always there.

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Most of my knives have been of a bowie design so maybe this has meant a strong side belt carry, just something i've always done since being small.
Maybe now with a 9" leuku on the way i'll possibly try a cross draw due to the extra length? But then i'll have one of those where's my wallet moment's everytime i check my knife like when i put my watch on the other wrist :yikes:

I usually have mine in a pocket as its easier to get to than lifting up my coat to draw from the belt , or if I am using it a lot I thread a bit of cord though and have it round my neck , my latest knife sheath doesn't even have a belt loop on it.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Crossdraw under my left arm suspended on a lanyard, bottom of the sheath loosely attached to a belt loop with para cord to stop excessive flappage :slap:

back up is in my big bum bag.

Cheers,

Alan

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I carry mine across my body when I have a rucksack, so much more comfy and around my waist when its off, plain and simple!

Templar

Forager
Mar 14, 2006
Can Tho, Vietnam (Australian)
Hi all,

I usually carry my knife on my weak hand side (left) so that I can draw it with either hand, its easier to go strong hand to weak side than the other way around, I do this so that if I have my right hand full or busy (climbing, carrying etc) I can still get to my knife if I need to cut things or free myself from an entanglement, also I carry my machete & khukri the same way for the same reasons, its more of an emergency thing than any thing else & a habit that was drilled into me in the military, i.e. your bayonet goes to the left & if you don't have one, your combat / survival knife is there instead...

Cheers,

Karl

i like the placcy Frost sheath in saftey Orange :lmao: :eek: Honest

its in the top of my bergan or Day pack and if i need it its easy to slide onto a belt or more likley a pocket and the clip holds it firm but you can easily pull the whole thing out
in the workshop or kitchen the slot means you can hook it on a nail
in a hammock its easy to take of and clip on the top string out the way if you have forgot to put it back in the bergan
if its in the pack and i need a knife ive always got a SAK in my pocket

so all the above n more i just put it where i want :D its Orange so when i leave a site and do a final litter sweep i can see if ive left it hanging on a tree :rolleyes:
2 things you dont want to lose a knife and your Wallet why make em difficult to see (cammo wallets :11doh: :rolleyes: who does tactical payments)

ATB

Duncan the Heritic

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
i carry mine around my neck on a home made string,the leather knot slips to alter how i want to carry it.
DSCN1273.jpg

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
warm weather= LM ti on strong side, Bkrt Fox river cross draw. Queens Trapper folder if Grouse hunting in front pocket.
cool weather = Bkrt ELk around the neck, Lm Ti in a Jacket pocket. And if Big game hunting, Linder ats 34 drop point hunting knife for Deer And Elk, or the BKRT Fox River for Moose in my pack.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE