Wow, inflation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
At Badminton I saw sausage baps were at £8.50 each, churros £9, ice creams £5 - didn't get prices on too much else.
Wood-fired pizzas were popular @ £13+ per for a small pizza - which I confess had me wondering how long I'd last with a pop-up Ooni pizzeria before being chucked off-site :)

(Diesel 144.9 @ CostCo last week, FWIW)

• Haha
Reactions: Toddy

ESpy

Settler
Aug 28, 2003
Hampshire
www.britishblades.com
Pizza Express last night, 2 pizzas, two fizzy waters, £36.60.

Having worked in catering in the past (including pizzas), I well know there's significant costs beyond just the food - but that still doesn't stop me looking at that sum and slavering over how much I could buy in ingredients for that. It probably helps that a) I enjoy cooking b) I'm reasonably fast about it and c) ...I'm not the one who has to do the washing up...

Last edited:
Reactions: Toddy and Oldfart68

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I have decided I'm not buying food at events. I'll take a picnic and a flask.
I just cannot afford those sort of prices.
I like picnics anyway, and being gluten free, I rarely find my needs are catered for. So a couple of wraps filled with salad, humous and crumbled falafel, or grated cheese cheese and pickle, or if im feeling rich, feta and olives. A flask of hot water and some herbal tea bags, (saves having to worry about milk going off, and you can always get a cuppa if you are desperate) plus a few olives, oatcakes and a tube of mushroom pate, an apple, crisps and some other nibbles if thats not enough. Job done!
I have a little backpack, and a couple of insulated lunch bags it all fits in . So it's out of the way, and my hands are free for whatever else I need to do.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Pizza express prices have always seemed too much in my opinion. Its not so much the pizza price as much as the inevitable feeling of starvation I get after eating one...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't like pizza.

I'd rather eat almost anything else but pizza, or bagels.
Both are just weird and tasteless bread. The toppings are never worth the effort. Not a fan.
There's a Domino's half a mile down the road next door to M&S, and I saw their price list. I could not believe how much they charge for smeared on toppings on flatbread.
A medium sized cheese pizza, a penny change from £17 o_O :nono: and that's not delivered.

I do like a good salad though, with everything from fruit to nuts and cheese added. I like herbs in mine too. Quite happy to pack a bowl with a clip lid and put that into one of my insulated lunch packs. Flask of tea, and it's sorted :)
I like a mix of dried fruits and nuts too. Mango slices are a favourite just now, and I'm slowly working my way through the last bag of last year's almonds.

• Love
Reactions: gibson 175

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Oh, to be fair, I don't eat cheese, so pizza to me is like a tomato and toppings bread..
Very tasty from the local Woodfired pizza guy! And it's £10 a pop for v tasty stuff... probably not highest quality toppings, but he makes the bread himself and is a nice guy so happy to support...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE