Cheese With Hot Dog?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do You Have Cheese On A Hot Dog?

• Yes

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Brown sauce is the work of Satan.
People who like brown sauce are the same kind who put milk in before the water when making tea. Both are just inexcusable.

Like the idea of a dash of tabasco though.

Reactions: ManFriday4

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
Hot dogs yuk. Do you know how they make those things? This is the meat industry dustbin product.

Sauages from a reputable source?
Yes

Brown sauce or barbecue sauce

Reactions: Pattree

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Hot dogs need to be taken the nearest body of water, and chucked in! They realy enjoy it, believe me. :)
I must try putting cheese on my pal's dog and see what in does, normaly the cheese goes inside the dog..hot or cold, then she wants to play ball.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
What kind of sordid darkweb thread did I just come across? Cheese and a hotdog? Disgraceful! None of you are invited to my bbq's if you deem that remotely appropriate!

• Haha

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
The local expat ‘Hare and the Hounds’ UK import ship serves the expat community seeking Bangers, winegums, Digestives etc.
I will reciprocate your cultural indifference
By calling the Scottish owner, Welsh, Orangemen, Isle of Man et al
Anglo Saxon Englishmen with a German King
Ponder THAT on your own time.
Cheers
Isn't the King 1/2 Greek?

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
I've tried vegetarian sausages and burgers.
They tasted just like pre-chewed cardboard.
Even when I was a vegetarian I couldn't abide them.
Never really got my head around why vegetarian food tries to masquerade as a meat equivalent. If you go to India you'll eat food so gorgeous that the presence or absence of meat is irrelevant and there's no need to make it look like a meat equivalent.
I suppose it's all down to education and experience - here in northern Europe we have pre-conceived, and inescapable, ideas of what food and a meal must look like. Generally, meat shaped. Countries with a history of non-meat eating don't have that baggage.
I have to say I completely agree with you.. I am Sri Lankan & 70% of the country is vegetarian (Buddhists & Hindus). The Christians & Muslims eat meat. I am horrified that vegetarians / vegans seem happy to eat things like Quorn & now lab grown meat all of which require massive industrial inputs and big pharma to manufacture it- what could go wrong.

MRM (Mechanically Recovered Meat) in hot dogs and fake meat of dubious provenance is just as bad.

Sausages from the local farm where they keep 30 pigs outdoors & use them as a "pig tractor" to turn and fertilise the soil. Or from the local indipendent butcher who can tell you what is in them.

In a bun with strong cheese, definitely

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Is the hot weather triggering everyones tempers or something?
This is a topic about hot dogs and cheese, seemingly a rather amusing topic on which to display some faux outrage one way or another and we've seemingly delved into political correctness and or heritage topics with an air of serious offence....

and this is the second thread I've clicked on tonight with the first containing people bickering....

I'm tempted to throw in an incorrectly assumed anglo saxon word and tell you all to grow the goose* up.

*but not tempted enough to get myself in trouble.

• Haha
Reactions: Toddy and nigelp

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Stirring the pot slightly, I like quorn :) it's mostly mushroom. I like tofu too though.
Vegetarian for well over forty years. Still not keen on eggs, I wish they didn't use them in quorn, but quorn or tvp (tortured vegetable protein) ? No contest.

Mod Hat On.
I'm putting this spate of ill tempered thread posts down to the heat and that it's just that time of year. I've been doing this for a while, and every year without fail we have something like this around the end of the Summer holidays.
This too shall pass :)

M

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
Stirring the pot slightly, I like quorn :) it's mostly mushroom. I like tofu too though.
Vegetarian for well over forty years. Still not keen on eggs, I wish they didn't use them in quorn, but quorn or tvp (tortured vegetable protein) ? No contest.

Mod Hat On.
I'm putting this spate of ill tempered thread posts down to the heat and that it's just that time of year. I've been doing this for a while, and every year without fail we have something like this around the end of the Summer holidays.
This too shall pass :)

M
I like tofu too. My wife has been vegetarian for most of her adult life, and the kids and I eat meat 1 or 2 times a month. TVP is good too. Have you tride Tempe? Its like tofu but more solid.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I do like tempe, but I can't do gluten easily these days, so that rather limits some things.
Braised tofu is very good, peanut luncheon stuff in a can is very good. Vegetarian haggis is very good.
Most commercial bean burgers are awful, most commercial faux something dead are truly off-putting.

TVP, hmmm, no, not if I can avoid it. It's food, but it's not good food, though that said the original Sosmix was brilliant.

My husband eats meat, but I cook the meat a friend hunts. So he gets venison, duck, pigeon, pheasant, goose, etc.,
I reckon that if he's going to eat meat I want to know it was alive one minute and dead before it had time to fret......except he does like bacon roll as a treat :rolleyes: and now he's taken a notion to those wee jars of meat spread on his breakfast toast.

Each to their own; dinner is such a subjective topic :)

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Brown sauce is the work of Satan.
People who like brown sauce are the same kind who put milk in before the water when making tea. Both are just inexcusable.

Like the idea of a dash of tabasco though.
Yeah your not a true Brit if you don’t like brown sauce that red stuff is for those we left 3000 miles to the west and mayonnaise for the Dutch.

God save the King and brown sauce (hope you are all standing)

Mind you all credit to the US, Tabasco sauce fantastic stuff, livens up any bland food instantly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE