Electronic Bushcraft, Sourcing Energy and building Radio Communication from Earth

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
There are some interesting theories such as dark matter and untapped energy sources such as neutrinos but throwing big words at the problem doesn't make it happen. With regards to batteries the key thing to know is where the energy is coming from because if it's not the 'free' part (earth/wood/potato/etc) then it'll cost a fortune in electrodes for the very modest output.

Reactions: nigelp

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
What about a gravitational collector? I have a design for one in my book of ideas that can be easily constructed at home with readily available materials. Once you focus the force it is like turning on the tap and almost endless. Better to be nearer the centre but that can be done fairly easily.

Sent from underground

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
What about a gravitational collector? I have a design for one in my book of ideas that can be easily constructed at home with readily available materials. Once you focus the force it is like turning on the tap and almost endless. Better to be nearer the centre but that can be done fairly easily.

Sent from underground
Shhhh! you'll have the big oil companies after you.

Reactions: gg012

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Solar power is combustion energy...?

That is something of a stretch, I feel. Yes, stars are big burning balls of gas in space. Not sure we should be campaigning to turn them off though.

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Solar power is combustion energy...?

That is something of a stretch, I feel. Yes, stars are big burning balls of gas in space. Not sure we should be campaigning to turn them off though.
I dunno, Altaire has been getting right on my wick recently

Sent from underground

just_john

Mar 22, 2012
South Wales
Let's take this thread back a few steps for the ludites like myself.

How do you charge your your phone with a tree?

A how to or guide would be useful to the forum id say

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk

Well, you could attach a rope that turned a pulley as the tree swayed in the wind, that pulley would turn a dynamo or similar to create electricity - that would actually work as opposed to half the other ideas on here :)

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire

First of all you nail an acorn to the tree. A couple of inches in front of the acorn, you add a tiny treadmill which powers a generator. You then move to a safe distance and wait for a squirrel to approach the acorn, at which point the treadmill will provide you with energy until the point that the squirrel expires.

This is a particularly effective way of controlling the squirrel population, because you do not have to worry about biting in to lead shot when you eat said squirrel.

• Haha
Reactions: GreyCat and nigelp

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Use a pendulum chamber to tune in to the earth's field - field as in square as in a ball as in sun. Sun equals energy equals power. Earth connection is in all electrical circuits in your house. This is why

Sent from underground

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE