What did santa bring?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nic Le Becheur

Forager
Sep 10, 2015
Ludlow
Best present: a bottle of junmai daiginjo sake from my favourite niece.
No worst presents, and none of them bushcraft-related - the nearest being a copy of Ranulph Fiennes' new biography of Lawrence of Arabia, from Madame le B... Cracking book - Fiennes intersperses passages of his own experiences of desert guerilla warfare in Oman. Highly recommended.
And I bought myself a Christmas present - a scythe. Again, not quite bushcraft, but useful for the gardening and churchyard maintenance work I do, and using it, a skill I want to develop (not keen on power tools).

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Humph.

We didnt get to my relatives. The weather was awful and there was a 90 minute delay on the bridge.

(And the old Severn crossing shut).

Of all my years doing this journey...to turn back is extremely unusual.

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Book: “The Moneyless Man; A year of freecomomic living”
and a 1950’s manual wind watch from the charity shop.
Loving the watch and enjoying the read!
That watch sounds right up my street! Congratulations

Sent from underground

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Books,

The Odyssey by Homer
Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain
Britain BC - Francis Pryor (Had a copy once before but regretted getting rid of it, so Nephew bought be a new copy)
Britain AD - Francis Pryor
Green Woodworking Pattern Book & Traditional Woodland Crafts - Modern reprints so i don't spoil my original copies.
Spoon carving book - EJ Osborne (Hatchet & Bear)
Bag of chocolate coins

More family coming later in the week with my Great Niece, so hopefully a few more books.

Been a good day.
Nephew and family have just been and added to my reading list.

Moby Dick
Ivanhoe
The Adventures & Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
plus a really cool and small AM/FM radio for when im in the workshop, lockup etc and want a bit of background noise, or for catching the news when im out and about.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE