Wool Bush Shirt ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
1 Mesquite (confirmed) (deposit paid)
2 korvin karbon (confirmed) (deposit paid)
3 techworm (confirmed) (deposit paid)
4 CTC had to pull out due to unforseen circumstance - am asking a local on the list to take this spot so we can have someone physically measured aswell as by telephone email (which will all be fine) - its just me being hyper cautious about getting it right - for everyone.
5 welshwhit (confirmed) (deposit paid)
6 lewiman201 (confirmed) (deposit paid)
7 BushEd (confirmed) (deposit paid)
8 coln18 (confirmed) (deposit paid)
9 Leonidas (confirmed (deposit paid)
10 Pepperana (confirmed) (deposit paid)

Last edited:

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Kev just getting through a backlog due to being snowed in yesterday. Will get back to you guys about collecting details for measurements and extras as soon as I know he is ready :)

Thanks

Mark (LBL)

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Executive decision: Chris The Cat had to pull out due to an unforseen circumstance - I am asking TeeDee on the list to take this spot so we can have someone physically measured aswell as by telephone / email (which will all be fine btw) - its just me being hyper cautious about getting it right - for everyone - and I feel that its valuable to have at least one hand-measured - and Chris the Cat was going to do this. I'll shunt everyone on the list up one place except for myself, as I'll drop down into TeeDee's place, as compensation. Sorry about that. This was my idea not TeeDee's but he has contributed valuable feedback to the thread, lives locally, can go in tomorrow for measurement and has a strong opinion about getting this shirt right.

I hope that no one has massive issue about it. I am trying to be as fair as I can and keep things moving. But I suppose this is a forum...so if someone does have issue then I expect I'll hear about it :rolleyes:

1 Mesquite (confirmed) (deposit paid)
2 korvin karbon (confirmed) (deposit paid)
3 techworm (confirmed) (deposit paid)
4 TeeDee (confirmed) (deposit due)
5 welshwhit (confirmed) (deposit paid)
6 lewiman201 (confirmed) (deposit paid)
7 BushEd (confirmed) (deposit paid)
8 coln18 (confirmed) (deposit paid)
9 Leonidas (confirmed (deposit paid)
10 Pepperana (confirmed) (deposit paid)

p.s. what surprises me is that no.49 and no.50 places on the Long List are not filled yet!

Last edited:

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
No mystery,but What did postie bring today, that had been ordered for Xmas for me by SWMBO!!?
Yes.. A bloody Swannie Mosgiel!!
( In keeping with strick 'blokey' tradition,she had no idea about the Endys project,I had no idea about my 'missing pressie!!)
My loss is someone elses gain!
My grateful thanks to Mark ( LBL ) and the Endys team.
Chris.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Executive decision: Chris The Cat had to pull out due to an unforseen circumstance - I am asking TeeDee on the list to take this spot so we can have someone physically measured aswell as by telephone / email (which will all be fine btw) - its just me being hyper cautious about getting it right - for everyone - and I feel that its valuable to have at least one hand-measured - and Chris the Cat was going to do this. I'll shunt everyone on the list up one place except for myself, as I'll drop down into TeeDee's place, as compensation. Sorry about that. This was my idea not TeeDee's but he has contributed valuable feedback to the thread, lives locally, can go in tomorrow for measurement and has a strong opinion about getting this shirt right.

I hope that no one has massive issue about it. I am trying to be as fair as I can and keep things moving. But I suppose this is a forum...so if someone does have issue then I expect I'll hear about it :rolleyes:

Just wanted to say If anyone has got an issue with that or considers it unfair ,I have absolutely no problems with not going ahead , I really dont want anyone to feel unfairly treated, Mark asked me for the sake of the project and speed to jump in and get measured up on a rapid basis for the sake of the project as a whole.

I have no problem with not going ahead as long as someone else can step in , and looking from the list I think that Harryhawk is the only other Local one?

I'm happy to wait if Harryhawk ( or anyone else on the list that can make it sharpish ) wants to go ahead instead or anyone else that can get it down swiftly to keep the project going..

So , if anyone wants to , now's the time to sound out?

I'll check back here later, I just want to be fair to everyone involved, after all its a group project.
And i hate Cue jumpers unless they have a valid reason....

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
im fairly local, im from Loch Lomond, if i start walking tomorrow, by the time i get there, the sheep will have grown enough wool to make everyones bushshirt and then everyone will be happy :lmao:

I doubt very much if anyone will have a problem Teedee as what you and mark are doing only speeds up the process, so i for one dont have a problem with you, but then again im number 8 so i dont care anyway....:lmao::lmao::lmao::

Colin

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
Just wanted to say If anyone has got an issue with that or considers it unfair ,I have absolutely no problems with not going ahead , I really dont want anyone to feel unfairly treated, Mark asked me for the sake of the project and speed to jump in and get measured up on a rapid basis for the sake of the project as a whole.

I have no problem with not going ahead as long as someone else can step in , and looking from the list I think that Harryhawk is the only other Local one?

I'm happy to wait if Harryhawk ( or anyone else on the list that can make it sharpish ) wants to go ahead instead or anyone else that can get it down swiftly to keep the project going..

So , if anyone wants to , now's the time to sound out?

I'll check back here later, I just want to be fair to everyone involved, after all its a group project.
And i hate Cue jumpers unless they have a valid reason....

No probs T, crack on M8. You've put a lot of positives into this project and it's only right that Mark or yourself can get one up and running:notworthy
I'm looking forward to seeing it and when I get mine I might have more of a clue about what I want after looking at everybody else's add-ons.
Good luck. Might see up at Endys if you're going tomorrow, got some stuff to do down that end of town goodjob

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Thank you :You_Rock_

I would have hated to drop from no21 to no26 AND THEN to no28!

:)

No probs T, crack on M8. You've put a lot of positives into this project and it's only right that Mark or yourself can get one up and running:notworthy
I'm looking forward to seeing it and when I get mine I might have more of a clue about what I want after looking at everybody else's add-ons.
Good luck. Might see up at Endys if you're going tomorrow, got some stuff to do down that end of town goodjob

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'll shunt everyone on the list up one place except for myself, as I'll drop down into TeeDee's place, as compensation.

Not being funny Mark but why are you penalising yourself by shunting yourself down the list? You've put in a lot of hard work sorting this out to everyones benefit and I for one am grateful for it. There's a real need for someone to be physically measured and I can't see anyone objecting to Teedee taking Chris's place to fill that need.

I feel you ought to keep the spot you had prior to TeeDee stepping into Chris' spot.

garybeaver

Dec 23, 2008
Dorset
Can you stick me on the end of the list please
I may have a long wait thought!
teach me for not keeping up with posts

thanks
Gary

Torak

Forager
Oct 4, 2006
uk
Not being funny Mark but why are you penalising yourself by shunting yourself down the list? You've put in a lot of hard work sorting this out to everyones benefit and I for one am grateful for it. There's a real need for someone to be physically measured and I can't see anyone objecting to Teedee taking Chris's place to fill that need.

I feel you ought to keep the spot you had prior to TeeDee stepping into Chris' spot.

Agree with this.

I think I am now no.11 so you can swap places with me, not right that the guy who organises ends up being so far back on the list. Month or two won't make much difference to me.

T.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Agree with this.

I think I am now no.11 so you can swap places with me, not right that the guy who organises ends up being so far back on the list. Month or two won't make much difference to me.

T.

That's very good of you. But I'll stick where I am thanks. I'll would feel terrible to take your place just because I am organising it. I'll wait my turn just like everyone else. But thanks for the offer.

Mark

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
Littlebiglane you have a great personality!

There has been an update at endy's:
bush_shirt_23.jpg

Waiting for the snow to come :0 .

http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1931

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
OK , Quick update , as per LBL's request I've just been into Exeter and the Endi Pixies now have my measurements.

From my chat with Kev and seeing how there are a few people who are in the first tranche ( great word!! I'll be attempting to drop that into conversations for the rest of the year!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tranche ) who are enquiring when they should supply measurements , Kev wanted to have a couple of 'control' subjects , so i assume Himself and Myself are the control subjects to ensure measurements given = well fitting coat. So if there is any discrepancies between actual 'given' measurements and actual 'fit' it makes more sense to pick that up now before manufacturing proceeds.

Then , i assume the list will be processed in numerical order.

So , please be patient , and understand that Kev runs a shop , the seamstress has other work to complete aswell as do the Bushshirts and will be fitting in the Bushshirts in a specially allocated timeframe dedicated to make the shirts.
For this timeframe to be as efficient as possible , the Research and Design element , including making sure recorded measurements equate to a well fitting shirt must go through a small amount of 'cause-&-effect' including local test subjects.

At the end of the day this time will create a better fitting and more bespoke model for everyone , so please be patient.

Last edited:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
A big thank you to LBL, TeeDee and the others who are putting in a huge amount of effort on our behalf. The project is in good hands.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Excellent stuff. Thanks TeeDee for doing that. I hope Kev made you a decent cup coffee for your efforts...and none of that instant rubbish he gives me ;) :lmao::eek: (Joke Kev....its a joke...don't send the hit squad out quite yet. And yes....I do like your coffee! :D )

OK , Quick update , as per LBL's request I've just been into Exeter and the Endi Pixies now have my measurements.

From my chat with Kev and seeing how there are a few people who are in the first tranche ( great word!! I'll be attempting to drop that into conversations for the rest of the year!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tranche ) who are enquiring when they should supply measurements , Kev wanted to have a couple of 'control' subjects , so i assume Himself and Myself are the control subjects to ensure measurements given = well fitting coat. So if there is any discrepancies between actual 'given' measurements and actual 'fit' it makes more sense to pick that up now before manufacturing proceeds.

Then , i assume the list will be processed in numerical order.

So , please be patient , and understand that Kev runs a shop , the seamstress has other work to complete aswell as do the Bushshirts and will be fitting in the Bushshirts in a specially allocated timeframe dedicated to make the shirts.
For this timeframe to be as efficient as possible , the Research and Design element , including making sure recorded measurements equate to a well fitting shirt must go through a small amount of 'cause-&-effect' including local test subjects.

At the end of the day this time will create a better fitting and more bespoke model for everyone , so please be patient.

Oh...and do you have my licence to use the word 'tranche'?
Funnily enough, looking at your definition I had no idea it has a financial services dimension. People will assume that I am a bbbbbanker and then the hit squad will certainly come out for me! Anyway.....and wrongly assuming that I am some sort of rich, city-slicker....I have always used the word tranche in this context http://www.bbr.com/fine-wine/en-primeur-overview ;) :D

Last edited:

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
I think if when started the measurement that we measure with a baselayer .
On endy's website he wears it with only a baselayer. But if we measure our naked body then the shirt would be to small if we were a sweater under the shirt.

So maybe we have to measure with a sweater on so the shirt will fit in both conditions.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE