Wool Bush Shirt ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BushEd

Nomad
Aug 24, 2009
Herts./Finland
hmmm i'm very tempted to sod the roo pocket and get it 'washed and weatherproofed' assuming this will be with lanolin?

but a roo pocket would be nice...ach decisions.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
as above, ive got the extras i want sorted in my tiny wee brain (just as well its tiny or it would have cost me more, more room in brain = more extras = more cost

What are you going for Col?

I'm planning to have the roo pocket with 'stacked pocket behind it' and flap closure, cuff tabs, toggles on the standard throat closure and leather instead of OD material for the rienforcement.

Only thing extra is I'd like to see Kev offer velcro as well as buttons for closure but I guess that's something I can fit myself without too much trouble.

Also might go for the washed and waterproofed option if it is lanolin used.

BushEd

Nomad
Aug 24, 2009
Herts./Finland
right no pockets, i have enough elsewhere. think i'm just gonna go for the wash and weatherproof, and the shoulder reinforcements. i want this to last forever :D

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Mesquite, im pretty much going for the same as you except without the extra pocket inside the roo pocket, i will get it waterpoofed, swaying about the leather at the neck closure though, cant make my mind up if this will be better and make it more comfy to wear, although i do think it will add a nice bit of class...

Col...

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Ex-WORKS "MASTINO"
* Arms, Body, Hood (with drawcord in Hood hem, made of ENDYS 'famous' PARACORD)
* Choice of three different types of Button (or Toggle) for neck closure.
* Reinforcement trim / detail to Cuffs and to Neck closure/flap
* One 'Roo-Pocket (or 'extras' from the £3 or £5 option)

BELOW is a list of ENDY Extras which can be incorporated into the "MASTINO".
Use it for GUIDANCE PURPOSES ONLY as we may be able to incorporate one 'Job' with another.

Please e-mail LBL or ring The Store to discuss your requirements.

ENDY Extras:
Guide of £3.00 per 'detail'
Cuff buttons/strap (pair)
Waist cord
Arm pocket (like the breast one but on arm)
Throat Tab
Normal breast pocket (left and or right hand side) with or without flap closure - angled as an option
Guide of £5.00 per 'detail'
Poachers pocket with flap closure (with / without buttons)
Shoulder or elbow reinforcements* (£5.00 / £10.00)
Zip - neck closure
Double layer/reinforced seat-pad
Map pocket/ big chest pocket with flap closure (with / without buttons)
Kangaroo pocket - reinforced backing
Kangaroo pocket with 'stacked pocket option behind it' - with flap closure
Normal handwarmer pockets with flap closure (with / without buttons)
Washed and 'Weather-Proofed'
Guide of £10.00 per 'detail'
£10.00 / £5.00 * Shoulder or elbow reinforcements
Full Zip (two way zip)
ENDY Possibles / Some at No Charge / P.O.A:
'Extra Length' - ie front and back to below knees
Leather neck closure and cuff piping instead of OD cloth material
Pixie point to hood rear
Personalisation - outsourced logo
Access slits (like handwarmer pockets but with no pocket material)
Use the above list for GUIDANCE PURPOSES ONLY as we may be able to incorporate one 'Job' with another.

*Depending on material used (Fabric / Canvas / Leather etc.)
MASTINO main page click HERE

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
  • I'll get clarification about the weatherproofing if it is Nikwax Polarproof (or similar) or Lanolin
  • For those going to the arctic I might recommend the throat tab aswell - basically its a little strap with button that will go at the base of the hood/neck and might help keep the drafts out.....
  • If you feel you need to know more about the options and a better description then Kev is happy for you to email him for clarification so you know exactly what you are getting
  • Measurements and options/extras will be sorted shortly - Kev is snowed in today and I just want to ensure he has some time to get the details down he needs when people call him. Will let you guys know soonest.
  • Get your deposits paid as soon as you can guys :) you will have got a PM with Paypal details.

Last edited:

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
  • If you feel you need to know more about the options and a better description then Kev is happy for you to email him for clarification so you know exactly what you are getting

Yes please because its to technical English for me.
It are these options that i don't understand:

-Throat Tab
-Poachers pocket with flap closure (with / without buttons)
-Leather neck closure and cuff piping instead of OD cloth material
-Pixie point to hood rear

Paypal send to Kevin @ 15.17 with additional info.

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Here you go Pepperana. This might help you work out what they mean

-Throat Tab

Here's Marks explaination of this option
For those going to the arctic I might recommend the throat tab aswell - basically its a little strap with button that will go at the base of the hood/neck and might help keep the drafts out

-Poachers pocket with flap closure (with / without buttons).
A poachers pocket is a large pocket usually at the rear of a coat where it's suppposed to be that poachers would hide animals that they had taken. Like this picture. I'm assuming the pocket on this bush shirt will be on the inside, not the outside in ther example I've shown.
vest2.jpg

-Leather neck closure and cuff piping instead of OD cloth material

Look at this pic and you see the 2 different materials covering the edges. The option is to have leather trim instead of the olive drab and lighter coloured material used in these pictures
bush_shirt_9.jpg
bush_shirt_7.jpg

-Pixie point to hood rear.
This option is to have a more pointed hood at the back than the option shown
bush_shirt_13.jpg

Pepperana

Dec 3, 2009
Netherlands
Thanks Mesquite.

That help allot. I think ill go for this options:

-Cuff buttons/strap (pair)
-Normal breast pocket right hand side with flap closure
-Shoulder and elbow reinforcements
-Washed and 'Weather-Proofed'
-Personalisation BCUK logo.

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
Cool set of options! Going to have to think hard about these?!

In the Roo Pocket with normal stacked pockets, will this be small pockets inside the roo pocket?

Drew

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
As an aside, do you think if when these are on and I may think, 'gosh a pocket there would be smashing!' a retro fit of the extras would be possible, at our cost of course?

Drew

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
  • throat tab - correct Mesquite, that is how I understand it too (look at the original Swanndri BushShirt.)
  • poachers pocket - inside or outside - you decide :)
  • leather trim - correct Mesquite, that is how I understand it too
  • Roo pocket will have a stacked pocket - that is, I believe a pocket BEHIND it not inside the pocket.
  • BCUK logo will not be a free personalisation - designed stuff will have to be outsourced - initials or short name okay. However if you have a spare BCUK badge I am sure Kev would not mind getting it sewn on if you send it to him.
  • Most of the options can be retro-fitted - just pay the for the extras and the P&P - I am sure this will be okay. So if you get the shirt and after a while think...ooooh that would be useful...then where possible it can be added. Of course somethings cannot be taken away once added! For instance a full zip might be hard to take away and replaced with no Zip and a roo pocket!

I'll have to check and get these confirmed for you guys.

Last edited:

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
Thanks for that!
Very useful, thought it would be useful to write a shortlist. . . . turned out not to be so short :eek::rolleyes:

Could the roo pocket be arranged so that a belt could be worn easily as well?

Drew

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Thanks for that!
Very useful, thought it would be useful to write a shortlist. . . . turned out not to be so short :eek::rolleyes:

Could the roo pocket be arranged so that a belt could be worn easily as well?

Drew

I am sure you can have the roo pocket positioned where you like - it'll take some juggling with the measurements on the phone but please have the conversation with Kev when it comes to measurements and I am sure he will do what he can if its possible. I would advise having a tape measure at the ready yourself when it comes to having this conversation! Its only just a thought but would not going for a chest/map pocket be away around the 'problem'?

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Just being super-organised (makes a change!) - do not mean to be offensive by putting people in Red :D ;)

1 Mesquite (confirmed) (deposit paid)
2 korvin karbon (confirmed) (deposit paid)
3 techworm (confirmed) - deposit due
4 Chris the Cat (confirmed) (paying deposit in person on Monday 11th Jan)
5 welshwhit (confirmed) (deposit paid)
6 lewiman201 (confirmed) - deposit due
7 BushEd (confirmed) (deposit paid)
8 coln18 (confirmed) (deposit paid)
9 verloc - has not confirmed - if has not done by today so his place gets swapped with No.11, sorry
10 Pepperana (confirmed) (deposit paid)

Last edited:

welshwhit

Settler
Oct 12, 2005
Mid-Wales
I am sure you can have the roo pocket positioned where you like - it'll take some juggling with the measurements on the phone but please have the conversation with Kev when it comes to measurements and I am sure he will do what he can if its possible. I would advise having a tape measure at the ready yourself when it comes to having this conversation! Its only just a thought but would not going for a chest/map pocket be away around the 'problem'?

A good suggestion!

My shooting jacket has 2 pockets that are quite high that I have grown fond of! You can stick ya hands in when they're a bit chilled! Might work though!

I'll talk to Kev as you say when its time!

Drew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE