Wool Bush Shirt ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
So no longer two pockets (one roo) as standard?

As i understand it the BASIC option smock will have a Roo pocket handwarmer at the front as per the Endicotts Website here

http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=1931

But as this is a bespoke item i very confident that if you want to exhange the Roo pocket for lets say a large Chest pocket with flap , Kev would do that as a straight swap.

I say BASIC Smock , because LBL & Kev needed a firm fixed baseline to work from , but overall i think this will be a very bespoke item , so if you have a set idea of what you want and where you want it speak directly to Kev when your number comes up ( in the good way ) and I'm sure he'll bend over backwards to sort you out.

I assume you wanted something different to the Roo pocket?? How did you want the Two pockets arranged? Chest? Waist?

####EDIT;-The website says the following;-

Ex-WORKS "MASTINO"
* Arms, Body, Hood (with drawcord in Hood hem, made of ENDYS 'famous' PARACORD)
* Choice of three different types of Button (or Toggle) for neck closure.
* Reinforcement trim / detail to Cuffs and to Neck closure/flap
* One 'Roo-Pocket (or 'extras' from the £3 or £5 option)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BELOW is a list of ENDY Extras which can be incorporated into the "MASTINO".
Use it for GUIDANCE PURPOSES ONLY as we may be able to incorporate one 'Job' with another.

Please e-mail LBL or ring The Store to discuss your requirements.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENDY Extras:
Guide of £3.00 per 'detail'
Cuff buttons/strap (pair)
Waist cord
Arm pocket (like the breast one but on arm)
Throat Tab
Normal breast pocket (left and or right hand side) with or without flap closure - angled as an option

Guide of £5.00 per 'detail'
Poachers pocket with flap closure (with / without buttons)
Shoulder or elbow reinforcements* (£5.00 / £10.00)
Zip - neck closure
Double layer/reinforced seat-pad
Map pocket/ big chest pocket with flap closure (with / without buttons)
Kangaroo pocket - reinforced backing
Kangaroo pocket with 'stacked pocket option behind it' - with flap closure
Normal handwarmer pockets with flap closure (with / without buttons)
Washed and 'Weather-Proofed'

Guide of £10.00 per 'detail'
£10.00 / £5.00 * Shoulder or elbow reinforcements
Full Zip (two way zip)

ENDY Possibles / Some at No Charge / P.O.A:
'Extra Length' - ie front and back to below knees
Leather neck closure and cuff piping instead of OD cloth material
Pixie point to hood rear
Personalisation - outsourced logo
Access slits (like handwarmer pockets but with no pocket material)"

So i read that as IF YOU DONT WANT THE ROO POCKET you can change it , at no cost for a different option from the £3 or £5 option list.
( Apologies for the Block Capitals , used to highlight , not to shout )

Last edited:

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Thanks for clarifying. This is what confused me:

The basic shirt will be:

* Arms, body, hood (with drawcord in hood hem, made of endicott's famous paracord)
* Choice of three different types of button (or toggle) for neck closure.
* Reinforcement trim/detail to cuffs and to neck closure/flap
* One pocket or 'extra' (to be agreed)

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
are these items made from wool blankets?
if so are they preshrunk first?

They are made from the amazingly thick and high quality Dutch Army Blankets made by Aabe. This material is MUCH thicker that a swanni. But, whilst it is thick...no its not felt.

I would also like to add that the basic smock will have a similar spec in terms of bells and whistles as a swanni but at well under half the price, with the option to have it bespoke fitted, extras added and on top of that have an Endy-backed return and repair guarantee.

As far as making it myself (if only I had both the time, patience and skill to do so) the inspiration for this is not Swanndri but one of our members Mastino who indeed did make his interpretation of the shirt....out of these wool blankets :)

LBL

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
They are made from the amazingly thick and high quality Dutch Army Blankets made by Aabe. This material is MUCH thicker that a swanni. But, whilst it is thick...no its not felt.

I would also like to add that the basic smock will have a similar spec in terms of bells and whistles as a swanni but at well under half the price, with the option to have it bespoke fitted, extras added and on top of that have an Endy-backed return and repair guarantee.

LBL

And if truth be told it's a much nicer colour on the eye than the swannie. I've always felt that the swannie green was a bit harsh and sharp

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
ok guys , you have sold me the idea, now where do i sign up

The waiting list was closed at 50 places I am afraid - its all in the first posting of this thread. Places might come available if people back out and you never know....a further production run may happen at some time in the future if everything goes swimmingly. I would recommend that people check back now and again. I'll certainly post if a space comes available.

Thanks

LBL

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
Copied from the 1st page Dave. Just crept in at #50:)
11 verloc
12 Torak
13 Lincs Bushman
14 markheolddu
15 sasquatch
16 legin
17 The Cumbrian
18 bushcraftsman
19 Spikey DaPikey
20 Pandabean
21 MikeE
22 calibanzwei
23 Tetley
24 Melonfish
25 kpmoloney
26 Littlebiglane
27 kawasemi
28 HarryHawk
29 Goatboy
30 Chrisj
31 deepforest2501
32 Cliv
33 Peterlee_Paddler
34 Northsky
35 Smokoe
36 Treadlightly
37 Enzo
38 OliveDrabnotDPM
39 Mike8472
40 oetzi
41 HillBill
42 hiraeth
43 stickbow
44 kimba
45 rawshak
46 redneck
47 Atross
48 widu13
49 garybeaver
50 Dutchdave

jimjolli

Tenderfoot
Jun 27, 2008
london
I know the max of 50 has been reached, but if you make some more can I be number 51 please??

Regards,

Jim

11 verloc
12 Torak
13 Lincs Bushman
14 markheolddu
15 sasquatch
16 legin
17 The Cumbrian
18 bushcraftsman
19 Spikey DaPikey
20 Pandabean
21 MikeE
22 calibanzwei
23 Tetley
24 Melonfish
25 kpmoloney
26 Littlebiglane
27 kawasemi
28 HarryHawk
29 Goatboy
30 Chrisj
31 deepforest2501
32 Cliv
33 Peterlee_Paddler
34 Northsky
35 Smokoe
36 Treadlightly
37 Enzo
38 OliveDrabnotDPM
39 Mike8472
40 oetzi
41 HillBill
42 hiraeth
43 stickbow
44 kimba
45 rawshak
46 redneck
47 Atross
48 widu13
49 garybeaver
50 Dutchdave

51 jimjolli

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Thanks jimjolli but I am going to have to insist that the list for this GB goes on no further than 50 at the moment. Sorry. Endicotts have closed the books on this one until further notice. I must respect their wishes on this. When..and if it opens again then everyone will know..but I cannot see that happening for a few weeks if not months.

Also one or two people always pull out so I'll post if they do...so you might have to keep those trigger...I mean mouse fingers at the ready.

Thanks for your interest though.

LBL

Last edited:

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Hi jimjolli and VirusKiller......I don't think there is a reserve list. I really don't want to administer a reserve list as part of this GB. Please, please keep an eye out for any updates in the thread if people drop out.

Now...I can't blame you for trying. I would too. If I came to the GB too late, missed it and wanted to try and get involved...I would probably do the same. But to be honest....its admin too far for me as it is. The list in the GB should have never got to 50 as it is....I just went away for a few days!

I am sorry to keep saying 'no' about lengthening the list or putting up a reserve list. I mean you no disrespect.

However I admire your tenacity! :D

LBL

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE