What films have you watched recently?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...I mentioned this film earlier and found its up on youtube. Nobody gets shot or killed, no zombies et al but its one of the most chilling films you'll ever see with a superb cast..."

+1 to this, a remarkable film, Kenneth Branagh is excellent as Heydrich. The phrase "the banality of evil' very much applies.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
the eagle
or watched most of it. Getting bored with films and tv lately. Don't know why.

Favourite film is Wild geese and i watched that last week as well as Rambo 4

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
what annoyed me about Dredd was it was just The Raid: Redemption with Dredd in it........RIPD was just Men in Black with dead people instead of aliens

That's not uncommon. One movie I particularly liked (Crocodile Dundee) was just a repackeged Tarzan Goes To New York.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Not exactly a movie, but I really, really like the BBC/PBS series, Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. Everything about the program is interesting, entertaining and done with a uniqueness about it.

First 6 are on Netflix and the latest are on the PBS website.

I have to admit, the show was recommended to me and I ignored that. Then my GF pretty much turned it on and had me watch the first episode and I was hooked. Great show!

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Just finished watching Gravity. A spectacle of a film, a major technical achievement, but the story was fairly standard. Clooney's acting was unrealistic and he sort of ruined it. Bullock was very good.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I watched both True Grit films over the weekend, both are excellent but I have to say the original is by far the best.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
12 Years a Slave, good film, not fantastic but worth watching.

Man of Steel, I'm not a great Superman fan but actually enjoyed this one a lot.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
watched R.I.P.D. (rest in peace department) with Jeff Bridges at the training place for no other reason than to fill time. Liked it, a bit like men in black and league of extrodinary gentlemen.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
My daughters favourite film and one which I enjoy, 'My Neighbor Totoro'. Watch it with subtitles or for the kids, in Japanese without subtitles, they will know whats going on even if you do not.

The late Roger Ebert had this to say about the film...

"Here is a children's film made for the world we should live in, rather than the one we occupy. A film with no villains. No fight scenes. No evil adults. No fighting between the two kids. No scary monsters. No darkness before the dawn. A world that is benign. A world where if you meet a strange towering creature in the forest, you curl up on its tummy and have a nap."

You can read the full review here, but there are spoilers so read after having watched the film.

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
My daughters favourite film and one which I enjoy, 'My Neighbor Totoro'. Watch it with subtitles or for the kids, in Japanese without subtitles, they will know whats going on even if you do not.

The 'new' Disney issued version has lovely dubbing and voice acting.
My daughter loves the Studio Ghibli stuff; Ponyo, Arrietty, Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service and The Cat Returns most of all.
Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away are my favourites but might be a bit scary for really young kids.

Do Not Demand What You Cannot Take By Force

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)

The late Roger Ebert had this to say about the film...

"Here is a children's film made for the world we should live in, rather than the one we occupy. A film with no villains. No fight scenes. No evil adults. No fighting between the two kids. No scary monsters. No darkness before the dawn. A world that is benign. A world where if you meet a strange towering creature in the forest, you curl up on its tummy and have a nap."

You can read the full review here, but there are spoilers so read after having watched the film.
Miyazaki is legendary. One of my favourite films is Princess Mononoke.

Settler
Aug 8, 2010
here
watched R.I.P.D. (rest in peace department) with Jeff Bridges at the training place for no other reason than to fill time. Liked it, a bit like men in black and league of extrodinary gentlemen.

it got slated in the reviews - but yeah i watched it without having heard of it and thought it was alright

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE