What anticeptic?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
For simple knife cuts treatment, small wounds, etc. what anticeptic do you carry? I've considered a small bottle of jodium, but it will spoil over time. Thanks in advance:)

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
1304951594ph009.jpg

Works for me. I guess hand sanitiser would also work, stings though!

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
Washing with water is always a good start. Povi Iodine or Chlorhexidine are the safest bet. I'd avoid alcohol for wounds if I had a choice. Cream based antiseptics can be a double edged sword, they can seal in dirt and germs whilst quickly becoming a great growth medium for bacteria.

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
As copper head says savlon cream, but first i use savlon wound wash, it comes in a small bottle with a pump dispenser. I use it all the time, for myself & the dogs.

Rob

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Savlon Iodine spray- Povidone Iodine in a can. Tea tree oil sometimes for tiny stuff.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Irrigate the wound with clean water to clear any 'bits' and help flush off bacteria then I use a bit of Germolene/Savlon or alcohol gel; if it needs more than that the likelihood is it needs looking at elsewhere.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Thanks for all the suggestions fellows. It's a crucial part of my FAK that's still missing. I think I'll give alcohol a go:)

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
im allergic to germaline put it on my face once for sunburn it took the skin of my face just a warning if you suffer from allergies regards dave

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
im allergic to germaline put it on my face once for sunburn it took the skin of my face just a warning if you suffer from allergies regards dave

Dave, are you allergic to a component of Germolene?, also not a sensible thing to use for sunburn of the face. Perhaps the sunburn took the skin off your face? You could have used Goose fat or butter or some other old wives/quacks tale of treatment to the same effect...skin coming off etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE