To Chair or Not To Chair ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chairs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
i take a chair more often than not i got told by my old scout leader that being uncomfortable is for mugs its done me proud so far

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
...i,m firmly in the NO CHAIR camp mainly because i feel if , once i,ve put the pack on and set off , a return to the truck for a chair or box of stuff would be "cheating" ...

My thoughts exactly. When I'm at a meet I prefer to get everything in one go. If it can't be carried in one go then it's cheating somehow. Make do or do without. ...

A chair is cheating but a truck isn't? Am I alone in thinking that this makes no sense at all?

FWIW I have one of the National Trust thingies, plus a rucksack with a built-in chair, plus a fabric chair that hangs from the trees, not to mention a couple of the little tripods and a shooting stick. For camping in France and Spain in the last couple of weeks I didn't bother to pack any of them, and despite having taken the fabric one to three Derbyshire meets specifically to try it out I've never managed to. Too busy setting up, cooking, and clearing up!

F7144

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2011
Kent
If you are driving into a basecamp location take a chair. If I'm on foot I take a 12" x 12" foam mat seat and keep it under the hood of my bergan.

Any fool can rough it.

Luke

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I love the tone of the poll...

If I select "My niece got this from Shackletons you know" I basically insult myself leaving only "Make do". Very good.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE