Sliding 'button' knot on paracord?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Hi there. I have a great leather bush hat I love to bits - the only problem is I keep almost losing it in high winds. I'd like to put a cord on it so I don't lose it but I'm having trouble with the idea. What I'd like is a knot I can make from paracord to go around the 2 cords that I can slide along their length to adjust it when I wear it. I keep coming back to a turkshead, but as of yet I've never managed to tie a decent one!

Is a turkshead the best answer for this or is there a better (and hopefully easier) knot I could do? Anyone got a how-to I can try and follow?

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
thanks hoppinmad! I'd say thats the knot you want. if you do it tight; then put in boiling water it will shrink a bit and be tighter by far than any cordlock; but still slide and be unbreakable. a stroke of paracordist genious I say LOL

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Paracordist, you're a genius! You must be, cause I got this right first time :p and trust me, that's a miracle :D especially since my pliers are halfway to another country so I had to improvise with a leather lacing needle from my sewing kit

Looks just the job too and is plenty tight enough even without the pliers/boiling

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE