Is Ray Mears Launching His Own Range Of Rucksacks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Took the plunge...here is a 'first impressions' review.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108556&p=1326312#post1326312

kawasemi

Many thanks for this. It is a balanced, objective appraisal and you do wonderfully well in not Ray-bashing! Your observations have certainly swayed my opinion: I don't think I'll be spending my money on this sack. I like the idea behind a well thought out design that is backed by good, high-quality manufacture but I feel that there are a number of glaring inadequacies in this particular example - borne out by your comments and first-hand observations.

Again, thank you.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Many thanks for this. It is a balanced, objective appraisal and you do wonderfully well in not Ray-bashing! Your observations have certainly swayed my opinion: I don't think I'll be spending my money on this sack. I like the idea behind a well thought out design that is backed by good, high-quality manufacture but I feel that there are a number of glaring inadequacies in this particular example - borne out by your comments and first-hand observations.

Again, thank you.

Valid considerations. However remember this is the first production run. Hopefully they'll take input from buyeres and adapt future production.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
If they being out a smaller pack in defo in!!

The more I see it I like it, I just haven't got a reason for a 90 litre pack.

70 would be great though!!

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
I'd secretly hoped that Woodlore would make something like this...

70dvFHc.jpg

...which I would add to my comprehensive collection of Woodlore leather and canvas goods.

But this one isn't for me, as others have said, it offers nothing new.

Nowhere near enough badges!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d46/klenchblaize/DSC02400.jpg

K

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE