How many people hold a CRB?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you hold a CRB certificate?

• Total voters

cccc

Tenderfoot
Mar 25, 2007
North Hampshire
I know there are quite a few leaders, teachers, instructors etc of various subjects on the site and was just wondering how many people nowadays have CRB certificates.
:

I taught for a few years in a County Junior school so I guess I had one, but no idea what type or if it has an end by date. Any ideas ???

c

I've had one for coaching Cornish Wrestling and I currently work at a School as an IT Technician so another for that too. I dont know if it's basic or enhanced, but im guessing working at a school it's enhanced. When I applied for this job at the school a year ago I declared I was recently CRB checked and provided the certificate however the council had to re-do the check, I was told its done again for every organization etc.

looking at the CRB site
1) There are only a few positions that require a CRB disclosure By law (dosnt say what)
so i can see no need for CRB only People at a camp with kids (legaly that is) but agian paranoia and back covering could mean every body has to if the organisational body settin up the Camp wanted to

i guess this is why i dont have to have one as a Dive instructor (but PADI recomends it as a good idea) though i would always insist on a kid haveing a parent present at all times regardless

2) a CRB can be used again BUT at the new organistions discresion i guess paranioa and back covering mean they all insist on a new one even if you got one yesterday :rolleyes:

I already have a Disclosure, can I use it again?

If you are asked to apply for a Disclosure and you already have one for a previous role; ask if the organisation is willing to accept it. When making this decision the organisation will take into account the length of time that has elapsed since that Disclosure was issued; the level of Disclosure; the nature of the position for which the Disclosure was issued; and the nature of the position for which you are now applying. Ultimately, it will be the organisation’s decision whether to accept it or not.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
All nurses and care staff need a enhanced check along with a Pova check before they can take up employment in care, I personally think a lot slip through the net because these checks only apply to crimes committed in the UK its not a worldwide data base

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
All nurses and care staff need a enhanced check along with a Pova check before they can take up employment in care, I personally think a lot slip through the net because these checks only apply to crimes committed in the UK its not a worldwide data base

Same for Doctors though, they can be struck off in the UK then fly abroad and get work, loose your Nursing PIN in the UK and you would find it hard if not impossible to work abroad

N

Neolithic

I have one which runs out in about June this year, for heritage education work. My partner hasn't however. There does seem to be a bit of an issue applying for one on your own behalf, which I think is silly! It would be a good idea if everyone was issued with a regular CRB check - would probably stop a lot of hassle associated with them!

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Got enhanced for working in FE, remember under Scottish Child Protection, young people are a child until 18, but can marry at 16 and there is a proposal to raise alcohol offsale purchases to 21.
Red tape gone made,
but at least the weans are protected,
jon

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Got to have one (enhanced) as I am a teacher. Stupid thing is, I need another one when I help out with DOE in another authority. Since they all require the same checks why not one CRB for everything? I think the indemnity that they provide might be for the employer rather than our good selves, thus each "employer" - church, youth group, whatever - needs a certificate.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
It does seem odd to me to that every organization needs a CRB that is specific to them. Some people I know have about five of them, my wife has a few and I have an enhanced one (because I'm a part-time amenity gardener. :confused: - Okay I do know why it's because I might come into contact with children and vulnerable adults).

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
It does seem odd to me to that every organization needs a CRB that is specific to them.

Tell me about it. I've got 3 atm, one for my main job, one for my part-time tutoring job and one for the Red Cross.... And the thing is it seems that under new legislation I'm going have to have a new one every 2 years just on the off chance I've suddenly done some real bad offence that wasn't picked up the first time.

B&*$%y beauracracy gone made. Someone told me once that there are entire forests in Scandinavia trembling at the thought of all this ruddy papwerwork that it generates. :confused: :confused: :confused:

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
With regards to no transferability of Enhanced Disclosures; With an Enhanced Disclosure the important bit it is not the Green and Purple disclosure result you get a copy of. It is the Chief Constable's letter (intelligence rather than convictions) that the requestor ~may~ get and must destroy without disclosing.

ISA (Independent Safeguarding Authority) may change this when it becomes law but we will see .....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE