How many people hold a CRB?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you hold a CRB certificate?

• Total voters

huffhuff

Forager
Sep 20, 2010
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
I have 7 in total - another on the way!

They are only really valid on the day of issue - hence the need for a new one each time.

The Government was looking into an overhaul (ISA - vetting and barring scheme) with less red tape but I think this has been shelved for the time being (coalition)!

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I'm just renewing mine at the moment and the form is crazy, it's got a section for the ISA but the ISA requirement seems to have been abandoned. Oh well I wonder if the Prime minister and his sinister henchman have a clean CRB certificate?

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Bit weird some of you have multiple ones.
I went to another agency today to register for work and was told that CRB's have portability.
When you fill the form in there is a number on it that starts with an F
This is your CRB number and if you go onto CRB tracking, put in your F number, it will show that you have a current CRB. I queried it as I wasn't going to pay £36 to every agency that I register with.

http://www.crb.homeoffice.gov.uk/services/online_tracking_service.aspx#how

Heres an extract from the site

Online Tracking Service
The online tracking service provides customers with a facility to track the progress of Disclosure applications.

Who can use the tracking service?
The applicant, the employer, the Registered or Umbrella Body.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What information will I need to track an application?

To track an individual application you will need to know two pieces of information:

The CRB application form reference number
The applicant’s date of birth

Applicants who do not know their form reference numbers can contact the Registered/Umbrella Body or the CRB.

Phone: 0870 90 90 811
Minicom: 0870 90 90 344

PO Box 110
Liverpool, L69 3EF
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To track multiple applications (only available to Countersignatories) you will need to provide:

The Registered/Umbrella Body number
The Countersignatory number
The Countersignatory's date of birth

How much will it cost?
The tracking service is available free-of-charge.

What will the tracking service tell me?
The tracking service will tell you what stage in the process the application(s) has reached, or will state that:

The application has been returned to the Countersignatory, due to errors identified on the application and the date that this was done.
If the CRB certificate has already been despatched and the date this was done.

Last edited:

Atesca

Jan 22, 2009
Waltham Abbey
enhanced CRB from when I was teaching part time in an FE college, enhanced CRB without expiry for work in the gaming industry, enhanced plus an MI6 security interview when I worked for the House of Commons, MI6 clearance to work on protoytpe national level switching gear for BT and a background check by an "undisclosed agency" before they gave my brother a missile key and a submarine command - at this point if I don't look both ways when crossing the road I think someone gets a memo

comeonbabylightmyfire

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 3, 2010
London
Enhanced for me. I worked in NHS management. Never went near patients, children or vulnerable adults but I still had to have one. £36 they cost. Strange thing is, one of the hospital porters who also has an enhanced CRB came from a country ripped apart by war. He was a member of a militia responsible for some truly dreadful atrocities and has openly admitted his involvement to his colleagues. He comes to the UK, declares that he's had no trouble since arriving in the country and gets a clean bill of health and an enhanced CRB. Another pal of mine - native English - failed to declare that he had a conviction for cannabis possession thirty years ago and loses the job he'd held for fifteen years. The whole system is wrong and Crapita are making a shedload of money out of it, especially the repeat checks every three years.

E

ex member coconino

Enhanced. I camp with other people's children and vulnerable adults so it's absolutely vital.

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
Enhanced for me. I worked in NHS management. Never went near patients, children or vulnerable adults but I still had to have one. £36 they cost. Strange thing is, one of the hospital porters who also has an enhanced CRB came from a country ripped apart by war. He was a member of a militia responsible for some truly dreadful atrocities and has openly admitted his involvement to his colleagues. He comes to the UK, declares that he's had no trouble since arriving in the country and gets a clean bill of health and an enhanced CRB. Another pal of mine - native English - failed to declare that he had a conviction for cannabis possession thirty years ago and loses the job he'd held for fifteen years. The whole system is wrong and Crapita are making a shedload of money out of it, especially the repeat checks every three years.

good point, not that i have any first hand experience of this sort of stuff but still

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE