How many people hold a CRB?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you hold a CRB certificate?

• Total voters

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Don't think this has been polled before, and always wanted to do one of these!:eek:

I know there are quite a few leaders, teachers, instructors etc of various subjects on the site and was just wondering how many people nowadays have CRB certificates.

I hold a couple, for work and for scouts, both enhanced type.(Don't actually know anyone who has one that isn't enhanced!):confused:

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Took junkies (addicts) camping once for the local council :eek: A very interesting experience. Bushcraft smak lol, very inventive people. soz....fell free to delete post :( :(

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
I have at least one. probably two at the moment. One for my student mental health nurse training and one for my job as a forensic mental health nursing assistant.

Standard issue in my industry (museums/heritage education) but remenber they really only mean anything on the day they are issued, they can muddy the water a bit if thats all propective employers rely on, they are probably better with a check and seeking decent references as to how you conducted yourself on previous jobs/trips/wossname.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Essential in my line of work - coaching canoeing, youth exped leadership and relief care work as well as my church work.

got out of the youth thing before they became an issue (though i probably need one if i started teaching Kids to Scuba Dive)

but i know a releif teacher who has to fill one out every time she changes school regardless of if its the same county or even a previous worked at school
does that mean if you have one for say scouts in hampshire you need another one for something else or Scouts in a differnt region ??

ATB

Duncan

Wayland

Hárbarðr
In theory it needs to be applied for by your employer. Change employer, need new CRB.

In practice that is completely impractical for a freelancer like me so I applied through one of the organizations that takes bookings for me and produce that certificate whenever it is requested. Which so far has only been once.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I think that multiple CRB's are issued so that companies/organisations have an as up to date check as possible. There's the possibility that you're re-checked to make sure you haven't moved because you've done something illegal and are trying to cover your tracks - the check can only be accurate up to the date it was issued.
For those who don't know anything about CRBs: http://www.crb.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=281

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Hi all, if a CRB certificate is the same as a Disclosure Scotland Certificate then I have one for helping with Scouts :) My wife holds three, one for work, one for scouts and one for Sunday School. I don't really understand why one search and one certificate will not suffice for all organisations. It seems to be a bit of a job-creation scheme :confused:
Cheers,
Doug.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Got mine for occasional helping out with Scouts.

Funny thing is I would need another one if I helped out with the Guides in the same building.:rolleyes:

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
i have to have one being a sea cadet instructor allthough the co of are unit
did not want to do them as we also have a police check done on us over here

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE