How is this made?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 29, 2010
stafford
Hi all,

First post in a very long time...

I saw this on ebay; a ridiculous price but I like the idea, so I fancy making something similar myself. I'm happy with how to make the bracelet, but how on earth did they make it so that the compass doesn't fall out?

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Or, conversely, how do you carry a small button compass around with you? What alternatives are there to the bracelet?

Thanks in advance.
Ultimate-Survival-Orange-Para-550-Compass-Bracelet-Nylon-Secure-Buckle.jpg

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
They would have pulled the entire bracelet taut so it hugged the compass, If you look closely you can see it's held in place by the larks foot and the first weave.

M

mountain arctic warrior

Some 'Button Compasses' have a recess/cut out all the way around, a little like a 'Grommet' has. This is then utilised by laying the Cord into the recess and tightening. I add a little super Glue, just for a bit of extra hold. Other Buttons are made with a Rubber loop to go onto a Watch Strap, obviously a more secure method for a Bracelet, but Compass cannot be replaced should it bubble up or break, like you can with the Grommet like Compass.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE