Elitism?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Climbing and bouldering in jeans? Now that is an inappropriate choice of clothing... Lycra FTW! :)

mmmm, lycra. :approve:

My mum buys my clothes, she's always been curious about outdoor gear and one garment a year for a bunch of years.....

Never had the nerve to buy lycra though, had to do that myself.:eek:

Climbing trousers of choice are alladin-type baggy breeks, earthy tones or dayglo splashes - care not a jot.

Have an old pair of favorates. They pack down to the size of a tennis ball, the **** and knees are hanging out them(still have some fresh material in the pockets though). :)

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I suspect the reason we chat about it and ask for opinions on kit so much is that the majority of us just aren't out there as much as we'd like to be. I get out a fair bit into some great country with relatively few restrictions compared to what I read about in the UK but it's not as much as I'd like so for me looking at a Bergen or stove is a bit of a way of connecting with what I'm missing and comming and posting on a forum about kit is a cool thing to do as it sates my desire to be outdoors. I suspect that's true for a lot of folk who post on here...We'd like to be out doing it but buying a baselayer or posting on the forum is the next best thing... So I take the kit elitisim thing with a pinch of salt as I don't think it really reflects the true person behind the post. That persons posting on the forum which means they have something in common with me which is all good...

A man who speaks the truth. How very refreshing - uncomfortable but refreshing!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE