Bushcraft Quotes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
sam_acw said:
There are people with some great signatures on here, a lot of which are bushcrafty. Mine is my Dad's only advice on using a penknife (he still says it to this day).
I think there is a LOTR quote i've seen

"Not all who wander are lost"

It's part of a short poem by JRR Tolkien

“All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.”

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Albert Einstein

I don't think he had bushcraft in mind but who knows :)

Osprey

Forager
Nov 21, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we cannot eat money.

19th Century Cree Native American.

Woops ! just realised that this has already been said :eek:

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
" Mother Nature does not suffer fools gladly"
Sums up what can happen if you are too arrogant.

I agree with one the previous posting about the "take only photographs leave only footprints" quote. For anyone who has walked in the lake district or the top of Snowdon, Footprints if there is enough of them do some really serious damage. Any idea what the carbon footprint of a single photo can be, considering chemicals, transport ect.

Bhold

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2005
Lancaster
"I gathered, cooked, and ate (with certain qualms, be it confessed, but never with serious mishap) a great variety of wild plants that country folk in general do not know to be edible."
Kephart, Horace, in Camping and Woodcraft.

:)

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
To paraphrase Glen Lewis:
‘There is something about a fire that seems to answer all questions’

Full text:
‘On our recent journey, campfires were prohibited in Coyote Gulch but they are a-okay on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Sometimes I just like to stare into the flames so I made a fire with my ferro rod and kicked back and looked at the lovely light while we waited for the Lunar eclipse to rise. There is something about a good small clean fire that seems to answer all the questions.’ – Glen Lewis

Cheers,
Paul.

Roy's Badger

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2005
Kernow
'You are as only as sharp as your knife'

'Care less by drinking more'

'Give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life'

- anon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE