Bushcraft Quotes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk

I thought we could start a comprehensive list of bushcraft quotes; I'll start with the first one..

"Bushcraft is what you carry in your mind and your muscle." - Ray Mears

This thread has been very sucessful with quotes! Lets turn it into a project and I'll keep the webpage http://bushcraft.acnetwork.co.uk/ updated with the latest and greatest quotes put up here in this thread. :D

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Two signatures that make me smile:

The more I own, the less I need to know.... mojofilter
If I’m uncomfortable, I’m doing it wrong! moduser

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
One I heard at the North West meet. Not sure who originally said it but it made laugh at the time.

A white man makes a large fire and sits far away, an Indian makes a small fire and sits close. :D :rolleyes:

ATB....Stu

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
I read this on here somewhere and for me it sums up Bushcraft :D ...................I once asked my grandfather if he'd ever been lost in the woods. He gave me a perplexed look and said, "The woods are my home. How can I be lost when Im at home?"

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
Can't remember where I heard or read this but when its raining or cold......
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"

Montivagus

Nomad
Sep 7, 2006
gone
I like this one. :)

To poke a wood fire is more solid enjoyment than almost anything else in the world. ~Charles Dudley Warner

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Mr_Rimps said:
Can't remember where I heard or read this but when its raining or cold......
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just inappropriate clothing"

I've heard Billy Connolly say that - think it might have been on Tour of Scotland, but I don't know if it's his or not.

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
scanker said:
I've heard Billy Connolly say that - think it might have been on Tour of Scotland, but I don't know if it's his or not.

Im not too sure about that because I said it to my girlfriend before I heard anyone else say it :lmao:

Montivagus

Nomad
Sep 7, 2006
gone
scanker said:

I guess it must be a less spiffing reply to this - :lmao:

“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” John Ruskin :umbrella:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE