Your own backyard [PICTURE HEAVY]

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Beardy Adam

Tenderfoot
Sep 7, 2010
West Yorkshire
Nice pics Adam, I grew up and now work in sutton/cross hills - so know the area well. Sutton clough was my playgound as a kid :)

Have you ever walked to the hitching stone?

Hey Trunks, small world isn't it! :D No I actually never heard of the hitching stone until I came back and was researching about Lund's Tower. I know where it is on the map and it looks interesting, I might give it a visit next weekend. I actually read the information off this website, there is some interesting articles on there if you want to check it out.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I was also raised near Keighley, over the other side of the hills in Cullingworth, I didn't notice where the pics were the first time I looked :eek: I've always known the towers as the Salt and Pepper pots it's good to finally know their proper names.

There's a guy just down the valley in Cononley called Mike Armstrong who runs some bushy courses round and about, look him up some time and see what he's got going on ...

http://www.bushtruck.co.uk/

We'll have to meet up for a bimble one day guys

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
4887195945_4a660c18fe_b.jpg

4887192955_3707d6cc18_b.jpg

4887201765_3409caf70b_b.jpg

4887222415_77f1980ffd_b.jpg

4887826486_c3e23fbdf3_b.jpg

4887241175_fd3bc7d599_b.jpg

4887238529_2b8a0f2387_b.jpg

Beardy Adam

Tenderfoot
Sep 7, 2010
West Yorkshire
I was also raised near Keighley, over the other side of the hills in Cullingworth, I didn't notice where the pics were the first time I looked :eek: I've always known the towers as the Salt and Pepper pots it's good to finally know their proper names.

There's a guy just down the valley in Cononley called Mike Armstrong who runs some bushy courses round and about, look him up some time and see what he's got going on ...

http://www.bushtruck.co.uk/

We'll have to meet up for a bimble one day guys

Thanks shewie! I never even know there was any bushcraft companies nearby, good to know. Not far at all from where I live either. :)

Mountainwalker - Beautiful photos there mate. Love the picture of the flowered buds.

Beardy Adam

Tenderfoot
Sep 7, 2010
West Yorkshire
Went to Malham on Tuesday to see Malham Cove, Gordale Scar and Janet's Foss. I also walked to the Hitching Stone, it was huge! I'll upload the pictures tomorrow if I get the chance. :)

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Mountainwalker, excellent pics and it looks so familiar.
I might be way off the mark but is that anywhere near or around Ku-Rin-Gai Chase?

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
Mountainwalker, excellent pics and it looks so familiar.
I might be way off the mark but is that anywhere near or around Ku-Rin-Gai Chase?

Yes indeed, it was one of the first bushwalks with my son. It's a magic area, the good thing about Sydney is that it is surrounded by excellent wilderness.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Yes indeed, it was one of the first bushwalks with my son. It's a magic area, the good thing about Sydney is that it is surrounded by excellent wilderness.

I spent a bit of time around near there a few years back, such a stunning place and I'd love the opportunity to visit again.
Used to have to endure the possums trying to steal my sandwiches and bait whilst fishing at Akuna Bay!

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
I spent a bit of time around near there a few years back, such a stunning place and I'd love the opportunity to visit again.
Used to have to endure the possums trying to steal my sandwiches and bait whilst fishing at Akuna Bay!

That sounds about right. I love Akuna Bay, I generally cycle up that way each weekend, probably saw you with your fishing road I dare say.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE