Wild River with Ray Mears

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
I am a RM fan, so I enjoyed it, however it was a little flat so to speak , but as someone said Bushcraft just won't cut it on mainstream tele.
Why is it that as soon as someone s really good at something that a lot of people would love to do 10% of, when said person makes money out of it he gets slagged off..
Funny it's always those under achievers that shout loudest....
I have done a couple of courses with him ,he is a super nice low key guy.
Just saying.!!!!,
BTW I enjoy BG as well in a very diff way.
Happy New Year

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Between Christmas & yesterday I was house sitting for a friend. I don't have a telly ( haven't for years) so I thought that it might make a nice change to.watch.some telly. Boy!, even with the Christmas schedule it was awful. I watched a bit of the RM marathon on or channel, the Christmas Lectures (always liked them) & The River, which I enjoyed. It may have been better as a short series of half hour programs allowing more depth. A fair bit of grousing about it not being hardcore bushcraft, I think a fair few of us do the same as he does when out. A bit of bushy stuff, watch some wildlife and have a wee play. Maybe its a closer reflection of what we do and a gentler way to allow folk to.get out and involved rather than jumping off cliffs and drinking your own wee-wee?

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE