what's your prefered pocket knife? + pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Hi

I carried a Schrade Wostenholme lockback with bone and nickel silver bolsters for years, I then lost it so I carried this old Pradel for a load of years (it had a gold Eiffel tower on the scale which I wore away in my pocket)

I now carry a small Opinel on my key ring :rolleyes:

John

That's a pretty cool looking knife! Got any more information on it?

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
replaced my 20 year old SAK (dont remember the model was like the hercules they sell nowadays) almost like the champ but no magnifying glass on it. I recently treated myself to the ranger model as the scissors where buckled on my 20 year old one. Thats the only one i carry these days but have several pocket knives kicking about the house some lock so stay at home now sometimes i take my jack pyke coppice knife as a spare in my response pack when hill walking. Other than that i take my mora when practicing bushcraft but generally its my SAK all the way.

Oh just to add loving the pics of the old pen knives i must get some of those really like the alox SAK farmer too looks more pocket friendly

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
That's a pretty cool looking knife! Got any more information on it?

Hi Hoodoo

Sorry, I don't know much about it other than it's a Swiss knife that seems to commemorate the Eifell tower:confused:
It's carbon steel and when honed, it holds a smashing edge:cool:

I did manage to buy it's little brother a few years later;)
ak01.jpg

ak08.jpg

ak09.jpg

My son borrowed the larger one to open a bottle of plonk (cheap wine) and snapped the corkscrew off:(

John:)

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Beautiful knives! Too bad about the corkscrew. Have you thought about having Victorinox replacing it (assuming they made it...)?

flexo

Forager
Dec 3, 2010
france
Hi Hoodoo

Sorry, I don't know much about it other than it's a Swiss knife that seems to commemorate the Eifell tower:confused:
It's carbon steel and when honed, it holds a smashing edge:cool:

I did manage to buy it's little brother a few years later;)
ak01.jpg

ak08.jpg

ak09.jpg

My son borrowed the larger one to open a bottle of plonk (cheap wine) and snapped the corkscrew off:(

John:)

well i had the same knife i found it in my little home village street, to make the story short,i used it for a long while,but the same thing happenned to me when opening a good wine bottle!
this is french made knife, the cross is made to make believe... blade are good steel can i say very good? but the one for the tools is just something a bit better then iron!

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
well i had the same knife i found it in my little home village street, to make the story short,i used it for a long while,but the same thing happenned to me when opening a good wine bottle!
this is french made knife, the cross is made to make believe... blade are good steel can i say very good? but the one for the tools is just something a bit better then iron!

You'd think the French would know how to make a great corkscrew. ;)

Paradiddle

Jun 14, 2011
West Midlands
My own preferred pocket knife is the Vic Deluxe Tinker
IMG_0137.jpg

Shown here as a scale to an army bivy bag. The knife has most of the things I need. Didn't have much use for the pliers before but since I converted to the honey stove/trangia, it has been quite helpful for moving hot metal parts.

Getting quite attached to it since it's pretty much my first full sized SAK, has travelled with me quite a bit and it's now a bit more scratched up. It's also discontinued I believe, so adds to the novelty.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
very nice mate i'm realy digging friction folders - they wont replace all my folders but they work very well - i'm looking for a slender one myself where did you get it?

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Nice kit mate! the enzo looks lovely!

seems like alot of people love to slag off the sfa.. any thoughts on it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE