what's your prefered pocket knife? + pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I like the SAK range, hear is my Farmer EDC. EDIT IT IS A HUNTSMAN NOT A FARMER. Cheers redandshane.
Bushcraft003.jpg

Last edited:

flexo

Forager
Dec 3, 2010
france
oh that sucks :( sorry to hear that. i always just carry a SAK, because then it's at least a multi tool, just in case anyone kicks up a fuss about it.

on the opposite,i remember that it's a french fabric that makes the victorinox corkscrew,i don't know if it's still the case,now.but for this brand of knives theil failed!

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Yes, I bought 2 on accident, but the handles are different to the one pictures. Saying that the handles are different in the two i bought :lmao:

Lovely looking knives though :)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
What's the joker like? Looks clean and simple.

It comes in a carbon and stainless steel? Any comments on either?

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales

Both mine are carbon, haven't had them long but they seem very strong and sturdy and look lovely :)
Come very sharp and the scales are lovely- but could do with a coat of oil :)

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Bought this the other day in Spain, 3" cutting blade with a four inch handle, appears a solid penknife, no loose parts, feels nice in the hand and cheap as chips. :eek:

penknife.jpg

Just to give you an idea of it's size.

penknife2.jpg

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Nice stuff Opal!

I'm looking at getting new folder or two soon and was thinking maybe a British army clasp knife with the blade and can opener and an old fashion knife like the trapper styled ones.

Any ideas where to buy a genuine Brit clasp knife and does anyone know of any decent company that makes the trapper styled knives at an affordable price?

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
About the british army clasp knife, I'm looking for the non locking version.. seems like all I can find is the locking one.

Even the ray mears website is stocking the lokcing version..

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
About the british army clasp knife, I'm looking for the non locking version.. seems like all I can find is the locking one.

Even the ray mears website is stocking the lokcing version..
This site any good to you? or is the black handle version the wrong type? http://www.silvermans.co.uk/Product...+KNIFE/ItemId/3714/CurrentPage/0/Default.aspx
I have 2 shown on the previous page of this thread, the rusty looking one I have now cleaned up and it shows a date of 1944.

Last edited:

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia

I recently bought one of each to try and see the difference. Both have nearly cut my finger off (dont use sharps when drunk.... but you need to slice the lemon for a G&T somehow). IMHO both are equally sharp, but Ive not really given them a good run yet. Have been carving some well seasoned ash with the carbon and its remained razor sharp, but it has got some patina markings now as you'd expect (slicing the lemon will have helped bring that on!!).
DSC_0092.jpg

The "OK" knife in olive wood is the stainless, and the beech is the carbon. Both very pretty, both very sharp. I would highly recommend as and EDC from what they've done so far, but only if you dont value your fingers!!!:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE