What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Do you know what the 'hidden features' reference is all about?

To expand on this, here’s a link. There’s also a massive Reddit. Finding the hidden features was the SW radio nerds equivalent of hidden moves or Easter Eggs in video games in the 90’s.

Much, most, of this radios features are beyond me, but so far it’s not over complicated and comes with a clear manual for further learning. There are Baofeng and ham fans on here @SaraR I think knows a fair bit. The shortwave antenna that can go out the window to pick up ham radio and broadcasts from hundreds of miles away, filter results and narrow or expand bandwidths is something I haven’t tried yet, but Sara will know what SSB and DSP mean.

Dec 29, 2022
East Suffolk
To expand on this, here’s a link. There’s also a massive Reddit. Finding the hidden features was the SW radio nerds equivalent of hidden moves or Easter Eggs in video games in the 90’s.

Much, most, of this radios features are beyond me, but so far it’s not over complicated and comes with a clear manual for further learning. There are Baofeng and ham fans on here @SaraR I think knows a fair bit. The shortwave antenna that can go out the window to pick up ham radio and broadcasts from hundreds of miles away, filter results and narrow or expand bandwidths is something I haven’t tried yet, but Sara will know what SSB and DSP mean.
NIce one, sounds like an interesting bit of kit. Will check it out. In the meantime, I'll try not to send a hadouken over the air waves.

• Haha
Reactions: Nice65

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
IMG_6277.jpeg
Just spent a week in Looe.
Bought this fid from a chandlers next to where we parked the car. A Spring tide reached the back wheels during the night.

Anyway, I’m trying to tie a three part man rope knot and struggling with just my marlin spike.

Reactions: CrispyDuck

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Expanded again:

53659838516_565e9ce17d_c.jpg

Up to 8 Kw now :biggrin:

Still hunting a solar company that will install on my type of roof though...

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
Expanded again:

53659838516_565e9ce17d_c.jpg

Up to 8 Kw now :biggrin:

Still hunting a solar company that will install on my type of roof though...

What's the plan for the setup and are you currently running the house from it/if not what are you powering? If you have the space you could do a ground mount array

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
How long would that lot last you if you had a power cut Martin?
It's all about power management Steve.

I would only be powering the fridge freezer and some 8watt lights during a power cut so probably a week if I include laptop and phone charging.

That doesn't include any solar I can recoup during the day.

Reactions: Mesquite

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
What's the plan for the setup and are you currently running the house from it/if not what are you powering? If you have the space you could do a ground mount array
Just trying to reduce my bills. Plus my Electric company want to fit a smart meter against my will. Ground mount array is a possibility once I have the garden landscaped.

Reactions: Decacraft

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE