What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
A beautiful wooden bowl made from applewood. It smells lovely, and looks a treat.
Missed a parcel this morning from the postman. He was late, and I thought it wasn't coming, so hied myself down to the easter fayre in the town hall.
Have to wait untill Tuesday for it now...grrrr!

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Bit the bullet on one of these

A-AWD07_4.webp

I used to fly all sorts of radio controlled model aircraft from gliders to helicopters, but gave up the hobby when i got to play with the real thing.

Now ahem years later, at a loss as to what to do each day to keep myself sane while i wait for surgery, i figured i would get a glider kit to build from scratch, should keep me busy for a while and something to aspire to flying again when i do eventually get my mobility back.
excellent. what a good thing to build .x

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
is that clay ammo any good and what does it cost? i wonder if you could moisten it and put it in a kiln. just a thought x
Good Ammo, cost depends on the quantity n quality, look on (big South American river) on line services, that’s where I get mine. I’m sure you could make your own, I pay about £8

Last edited:
Reactions: demented dale

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Finaly, my little parcel of goodies arrived this afternoon,
Bushcraft first aid by Dave Canterbury to bone up on before attempting to take a wilderness first aid course later this year.

Edible seashore by John Wright, Riverside cottage series

A small heliograph for the emergency kit, and a new skill to learn.

A cheap membrane solutions water filter straw to pop in my day bag. I don't often use wild water, when I do, it's milbank and boil, but due to the number of sewerage spillages recently , I thought it might be worthwhile to further process any wild water I do use, just for safety sake.

Reactions: Chris

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Went to the Chocolatiers at Grandtully...

<Hyperventilates>

Anyhow; afterwards I went in the Thrift shop...

1 M&S Cashmere sweater
1 Regatta Outdoors Isowarm long johns
1 Hardys wax jacket. (too small; Im sure someone at work may like it)

£4.

• Wow
Reactions: Pattree

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Received today, a Tecsun PL-880 radio. Totally awesome thing, been listening to stuff from Bhutan amongst other far flung places. Many controls and functions are beyond my knowledge at the moment, but it’s incredibly good fun learning.

Can’t recommend this supplier high enough, Anon-co, arrived here in the UK in 2 days.

Dec 29, 2022
East Suffolk
Received today, a Tecsun PL-880 radio. Totally awesome thing, been listening to stuff from Bhutan amongst other far flung places. Many controls and functions are beyond my knowledge at the moment, but it’s incredibly good fun learning.

Can’t recommend this supplier high enough, Anon-co, arrived here in the UK in 2 days.

Do you know what the 'hidden features' reference is all about?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I'm not sure if i should be saying well done or sorry for initially tempting you :) I agree ref the scalpel esque feel to it.

I've been thinking about making a small 90 deg holed lanyard retainer to fit between the two main sections.
Did you decide what to do in the end, for carry? The plastic sheath is a bit rubbish, and even the kydex isn’t particularly good, but mine is now bag carry like so:

IMG_3868.jpeg

ijohnson

Mar 10, 2024
uk
One of these.

BogOak7.jpg

Casström No.10 Swedish Forest Knife limited edition. Bog oak handle scales and A8Mod steel. It is a lovely thing and nice to finally add a scandi grind knife to my arsenal. Looking forward to testing it out soon.

BogOak1.jpg

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
One of these.

BogOak7.jpg

Casström No.10 Swedish Forest Knife limited edition. Bog oak handle scales and A8Mod steel. It is a lovely thing and nice to finally add a scandi grind knife to my arsenal. Looking forward to testing it out soon.

BogOak1.jpg
That's lovely! Where did you get it from, Lamnia?

Reactions: ijohnson

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE