What did you forage today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 26, 2024
Moore
more wild garlic: blended together with eggs and a little cheese to make an omelette. Served with raw shredded asparagus and ramsons flowers salad. dressed with tea vinegar. Last night made veal jiaozi dumplings with plenty of wild garlic in the mix. Wild Garlic for life. At least for the next few weeks anyway.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Dry today, so managed to collect dandelion flowers for dandelion jelly. Tastes almost like honey and has similar consistency .
More garlic leaves for more pesto,as I had some pine nuts left.

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Dry today, so managed to collect dandelion flowers for dandelion jelly. Tastes almost like honey and has similar consistency .
More garlic leaves for more pesto,as I had some pine nuts left.
I have tasted dandelion honey. its lovely . my friend makes it. the word dandelion comes from the french dent de lion and means teeth of the lion. i found that out recently x

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Managed to get out with the dog, a few around but I still think it’s a bit early

Attachments

• IMG_7003.jpeg
    IMG_7003.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7004.jpeg
    IMG_7004.jpeg
    252.7 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Wayne.a.l

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Managed to get out with the dog, a few around but I still think it’s a bit early
well done. I found alexanders, sorrel, hawthorn leaves and hairy bitter cress today, Had a nibble of each as I do once a year. Also spotted a field full of cuckoo flower/ladys smock which is one of my favorite flowers. x x,

Reactions: rowen

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
Gentle potter today. I couldn't resist picking a few bits and bobs:
Hogweed shoots (I'm the only one in the house that likes them)
Wild onions
Cleavers (incredibly green, fresh and juicy at this time of year)
Garlic mustard (again, all mine, their loss)

A few weeks ago I made wild garlic kimchi. Banging!

Reactions: GrandadInTheWoods
Apr 19, 2024
Kent
Took kids down the coast to day, saved a dogfish that was caught up in a net with hook in mouth just laying there on the rocks, collected some cockles and about to cook them up

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Gentle potter today. I couldn't resist picking a few bits and bobs:
Hogweed shoots (I'm the only one in the house that likes them)
Wild onions
Cleavers (incredibly green, fresh and juicy at this time of year)
Garlic mustard (again, all mine, their loss)

A few weeks ago I made wild garlic kimchi. Banging!
garlic mustard is great. i love its other name, jack by the hedge x

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
I’m loving this thread…….but could we have some pictures to go with what people have foraged to help others with identifying plants?
good idea. rats tail plantain and speedwell x

Attachments

• th-1495740290.jpg
    th-1495740290.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 2
  • common-field-speedwell-birdeye-veronica-persica-isolated-white-background-144572717-3355360235.jpg
    common-field-speedwell-birdeye-veronica-persica-isolated-white-background-144572717-3355360235.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: rowen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE