What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Crikey, it is small isn't it..... Quite sweet actually... What's it like in the Hand.?

( jeez.! If ever a sentence could be misconstrued! )
Very nice, especially if you squeeze it tight. ;)

TBH, it’s a 3 finger grip made very secure by the rough knurling which apparently can be used as a wood file. Feels scalpel-like in use. Whatever any reviews say to the contrary, there is a slight secondary bevel, at least there is on mine. It’s sold as a zero grind high scandi.

Reactions: TeeDee and Robbi

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

TBH, it’s a 3 finger grip made very secure by the rough knurling which apparently can be used as a wood file. Feels scalpel-like in use. Whatever any reviews say to the contrary, there is a slight secondary bevel, at least there is on mine. It’s sold as a zero grind high scandi.

I'm not sure if i should be saying well done or sorry for initially tempting you :) I agree ref the scalpel esque feel to it.

I've been thinking about making a small 90 deg holed lanyard retainer to fit between the two main sections.

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster

Did you buy it from panaceax.com in the US, or is there a UK distributor?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Did you buy it from panaceax.com in the US, or is there a UK distributor?

Hennie Haynes stock it in the UK

Remember to use the monthly BCUK discount code if you intend to get one to bring the price down a tad.

Reactions: matarius777

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Hennie Haynes stock it in the UK

Remember to use the monthly BCUK discount code if you intend to get one to bring the price down a tad.
What does it bring the price down to.?

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
Strangely enough a plastic osprey cup for the bottle .
I find them nicer to drink from than the steel crusader

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Water purefying stuff. Hydrapak 2l + Katadyn BeFree filter.

And some firewood. There are firepits nearby but you have to bring your own wood.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales

Whilst they say it's for government only, there are some places selling them in the UK atleast.

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
This pair off of Vinted, not bought today but arrived, £10 plus a couple of quid postage…….I’m trying not to think about how they were acquired

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 35

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Bit the bullet on one of these

A-AWD07_4.webp

I used to fly all sorts of radio controlled model aircraft from gliders to helicopters, but gave up the hobby when i got to play with the real thing.

Now ahem years later, at a loss as to what to do each day to keep myself sane while i wait for surgery, i figured i would get a glider kit to build from scratch, should keep me busy for a while and something to aspire to flying again when i do eventually get my mobility back.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Somebody has put money in my account.

I do not know what I have done to deserve this; I live permanently in some fantasy now.

Anyhow; I bought a bottle of Irn-bru and some haggis.

(Scottish Heritage has to be constantly worked upon if you were born without it).

• Haha
Reactions: GreyCat and Broch

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Bit the bullet on one of these

A-AWD07_4.webp

I used to fly all sorts of radio controlled model aircraft from gliders to helicopters, but gave up the hobby when i got to play with the real thing.

Now ahem years later, at a loss as to what to do each day to keep myself sane while i wait for surgery, i figured i would get a glider kit to build from scratch, should keep me busy for a while and something to aspire to flying again when i do eventually get my mobility back.
Look forward to following the build Mark

Reactions: Kepis

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
Anyhow; I bought a bottle of Irn-bru and some haggis.

(Scottish Heritage has to be constantly worked upon if you were born without it).
Splashing money around like that doesn't sound very Scottish... ;)

I have invested in a monocular in hopes of actually seeing some of the birdlife that frequents our locale. Spent years and years failing to focus both eyes using binoculars, and the penny has finally dropped that taking a leaf out of Nelson's book may be the answer. We shall see. (Or not)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yay, now you've got something to poke with your stick :)

It’s good to read your mad posts these days, I’ve been here a while and I remember a slightly lost Tengu a while back, you’ve done well.

Im not lost now; Ive found a Time period that suits me better.

(And family go `Cant you get a job closer to home?`)

Reactions: ijohnson

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE