Was looking for something to read.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Well I have a kindle and have a look at different types from time to time and found a good book, it's science fiction which I don't normally read, but thought I've spent more money on a lot less, lets give it a go. Well for the writers first book I hope there is more to come. The book is;

Second Chance by Dylan S Hearn.

Have you come across any books that are new and people wouldn't normally know about?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
On the amazon site type in 'free' and you'll see a shed load of free books ranging from the classics through to new authors.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Yeah rik I have found the freebie books, I was meaning more along the lines of a book that hasn't been read by millions but worked out to be a good read. Thanks for your help though .

DR2501

Forager
Feb 6, 2014
Bristol
Thanks. I read a freebie the other day - First Blood (the actual book Rambo is based upon). I didn't know it was a book until this week, and I must've watched the film hundreds of times as a kid!

I'm currently reading 'Lights Out', a post-fallout survival type book. Also free to download if you google it.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I read First Blood a few weeks ago, it is a great book, but having grown up with the film I prefer the film.

DR2501

Forager
Feb 6, 2014
Bristol
I really enjoyed it, I like the film too though. I found it interesting that the mud camo scene from First Blood: Part 2 is actually from the book.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Agincourt by Bernard Cromwell was the last unexpected book I read. Blood guts gore action and a must read for any archers out there.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm currently reading 'Lights Out', a post-fallout survival type book. Also free to download if you google it.

Nor a bad book at all - I used to chat with David years ago - we hung out on some of the same forums.

If you enjoy it (and in the spirit of the thread) , try

"There Falls No Shadow" by David Crossley. A modern apocalyptic book set mostly in Scotland. I thoroughly enjoyed it - very much in the mould of "Survivors" but more adult and more modern. I know David C and he is a thoroughly nice guy - writes a good book too.

Nor a bad book at all - I used to chat with David years ago - we hung out on some of the same forums.

If you enjoy it (and in the spirit of the thread) , try

"There Falls No Shadow" by David Crossley. A modern apocalyptic book set mostly in Scotland. I thoroughly enjoyed it - very much in the mould of "Survivors" but more adult and more modern. I know David C and he is a thoroughly nice guy - writes a good book too.

And he needs to write the sequel!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE