Compact waterproof Fire Starters and Straw Craft lightweight complimentary supplies.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
The black residue is manganese(iii) oxide.
Don't think it has any practical use, though it is used as the cathode in batteries including standard alkalines.

Colinski

Jan 12, 2024
London
Don't think it has any practical use, though it is used as the cathode in batteries including standard alkalines.
Ahhhh Great idea..... I think you are right, Do you think that it is a form of Graphite ?
I tried to soak it with flamables but it didn't last well (2 -3 seconds) It did absorb some but not enough. I didn't check if it was a conductive, Silly me. I was hoping it could be a fuel or an oxidant or other material addition. My initial thought where Potash which are volcanic and maybe a good structure material to use with something else.

Colinski

Jan 12, 2024
London
Ahhhh Great idea..... I think you are right, Do you think that it is a form of Graphite ?
I tried to soak it with flamables but it didn't last well (2 -3 seconds) It did absorb some but not enough. I didn't check if it was a conductive, Silly me. I was hoping it could be a fuel or an oxidant or other material addition. My initial thought where Potash which are volcanic and maybe a good structure material to use with something else.
One of my projects are to gather Earth enery from Earth, tree or vegetation to combine solar with Earth energy and maybe it can be used as a Cathode. How to make a natural Anode to create an electrical source.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Zinc is the anode, and the electrolyte can vary, but potassium hydroxide used for alkaline batteries.

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
Manganese oxide is by definition not a form of graphite, which is a crystalline form of carbon

Sent from underground

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE