Unusual encounters in the wilderness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 22, 2006
uk
talking about evidence vs crazy theories.....

anyone seen any of these?

http://www.opendb.com/sol/seq.htm

i'm science 100%, to me its more fantastic and even more beautiful than anything in the bible (and it is actually true as opposed to essentially being an important fable)

but these rods are very hard to disregard....i'd love to hear Sir David Attenborough's take on them.
i'd love to have the theory/ whatever either proved or squashed.....

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
ok, back to spooky.

I went on a date once and the girl knew who Ray Mears was :lmao:now that was spooky, until she told me she heard him on radio 1, spookiness solved.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
talking about evidence vs crazy theories.....

anyone seen any of these?

http://www.opendb.com/sol/seq.htm

i'm science 100%, to me its more fantastic and even more beautiful than anything in the bible (and it is actually true as opposed to essentially being an important fable)

but these rods are very hard to disregard....i'd love to hear Sir David Attenborough's take on them.
i'd love to have the theory/ whatever either proved or squashed.....

Expanation of the rod effect.

http://affiliate.kickapps.com/_Expanation-of-the-rod-effect/video/418923/16995.html?b=

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
The video i posted came from the Roswell Rods site as listed in a previous post, im not seeking to prove nor disprove the fact, the only rods ive studied are my fishing rods :)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
The video i posted came from the Roswell Rods site as listed in a previous post, im not seeking to prove nor disprove the fact, the only rods ive studied are my fishing rods :)

:lmao: No worries mate. As is usual with things like this you get people with video's to prove and people with video's to disprove ( not referring to you or me kepis) In this case they both show different subject matter.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I do. If people are taught to disregard logic in one area of their lives, they disregard it in all areas. And they tend to want to indoctrinate children who don't know any better into the same sort of thinking. The logical conclusion for them is to incorporate it into government, as we are seeing in both the middle east and the western world with the rise of fundamentalism in both places. Western Europe and America had a huge lead in the sciences that put us at the top of the world's pecking order, and now we're losing it to China and India.

From Wikipedia about Logic

Logic arose (see below) from a concern with correctness of argumentation. Modern logicians usually wish to ensure that logic studies just those arguments that arise from appropriately general forms of inference; so for example the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy says of logic that it "does not, however, cover good reasoning as a whole. That is the job of the theory of rationality. Rather it deals with inferences whose validity can be traced back to the formal features of the representations that are involved in that inference, be they linguistic, mental, or other representations" (Hofweber 2004).

By contrast, Immanuel Kant argued that logic should be conceived as the science of judgment, an idea taken up in Gottlob Frege's logical and philosophical work, where thought (German: Gedanke) is substituted for judgement (German: Urteil). On this conception, the valid inferences of logic follow from the structural features of judgements or thoughts.

Do you see my point, Logic is not good reasoning AS A WHOLE and that logical processes can only be made on things that you KNOW.

So i can put a logical thought process into events that i am or have been aware of.(not referring to the flood btw)
You for example have not witnessed some things that i have, and cannot concieve of anything logical about it because your experience doesn't encompass it. :)

swagman

Nomad
Aug 14, 2006
Tasmania
A spooky story

About 8 months ago I worked with a guy who started telling me all about his
"see into the future" gift. Although he (what a surprise) couldn't tell me anything that
was going to happen he was quite convincing with all his stories and he definitely believed
what he was saying. I later found out he had schizophrenia.

A spooky story

About 8 months ago I worked with a guy who started telling me all about his
"see into the future" gift. Although he (what a surprise) couldn't tell me anything that
was going to happen he was quite convincing with all his stories and he definitely believed
what he was saying. I later found out he had schizophrenia.

Ah yes, the schizophrenic work colleague, I've been there and got the t-shirt *EDIT - although this guy was actually really cool. The shop where I work is next to the local chemist which dishes out methodone for smackheads and also just up the road from some kind of rehabilitation center for schizophrenics, sometimes our customers are actually schizophrenic smackheads, it's an interesting combo.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
That's the scientific process in a nutshell - gather facts and figure out what they mean.

The only problem with Logical assumptions though, is just that, they are assumptions. They prove nothing. So Logic proves nothing. It is just a way of doing and thinking.

Anyone with a logical mind, i mean a truly logical mind, must accept that there are things that happen that we can not explain or do not know about yet( neither magic or god just unknown). Otherwise science would be dead and we would know everything.

As discussed earlier, Quantum physics(science) says that particles can be in more than 1 place and time, and can indeed be in all places and all times at once. So using logic we can assume that anything made up of particles can be seen anywhere at anytime for any length of time. Maybe this is the answer, maybe not. But logic dictates that it is a possibility that can't be ruled out.

So as you claim to be Logically minded how then can you dismiss the experience of others. A logical person who understood the various fields of science would include that in their philosophical view of the world.

My guess would be a lack of scientific understanding, OR an inability to rationalise logic.

No offence intended, just logic.:)

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I just rode a unicorn over a rainbow. Really, I did.

Does your logic tell you to accept my experience? Or would you be more comfortable with some evidence in addition to my testimony?

So its both then? No rationality or undertanding?

I do believe that you missed my point, athough it was quite obvious. What i am saying is that unexplainable things do happen.They will not happen to everybody. But they do happen to somebody ( i know, i don't need science or logic for my own experiences). It is unexplainable now, but that doesn't mean it will be always. I'm sure a branch of science will one day work their way to an answer and develop equipment to prove it.But for now it will remain unexplainable. Science doesn't know everything, and in case you weren't aware a lot of the fundamental principles of science are breaking down with modern finds and research which are proving them wrong. Physics was thought to be the main science but now it is described as an approxomation of quantum physics.

This is an extract from an article (science based), it may bring you up to date a little and maybe teach you a little rationality and understanding.:)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Mirror Cracks

There are just a few problems with these ideas. The deeper we look into our world, the more it seems that reality does not behave in the way we expect. I’m going to summarise and highlight just a few of these areas here.

Relativity

The theory of relativity was perhaps the first major blow to reductionism. Until what is known as Albert Einstein’s annus mirabilis of 1905 in which he published papers that would affect many areas of physics and change our worldview, we thought of time as a static universal clock that remained the same no matter where you were. Einstein showed that actually time is fluid and changes according to where you are in the universe. For the first time in science, your perspective in the universe mattered.

Quantum Physics

The next body blow to the reductionist model of reality and the one that is capturing the imagination of many people at this current moment is that of quantum physics. This seemingly crazy, anti-intuitive world of subatomic particles is one of the most successful theories in science ever and is used in much of our everyday technology.

It firmly introduced the idea that reality requires our participation with experiments that demonstrate that particles behave one way when we look at them and another when we are not looking! Suddenly our own consciousness counted with some quantum physicists proclaiming that consciousness is fundamental to reality and all matter emerges from it.

This blow to reductionism however, has not been immediate with the implications of quantum physics not filtering through to the general public for many years and many physicists discounting the significance of the results for the wider nature of reality. With films like ‘The Secret’ and ‘What the Bleep do we know?’ firmly entering into public consciousness however, quantum physics as the new view of reality seems to have got the popular vote.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you have lived all your life having your kind of view on things, it must be very difficult to accept something different. I read on here once a saying something similar to....

When people hear something they think with their heart first and then leave it for the head to justify its decision.

Or something similar.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE