The joy in simple things

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sodden wet afternoon, I'm sitting at peace with the world, wish the world was all at peace, and I have a cup of tea, a wee bit of stilton and an apple.

Happiness is often simple things, I find.

Crisp cold night last night, and a huge just on the wane moon in the sky.

Working to repair the greenhouse yesterday afternoon. A cold day, but still and calm, and a Robin kept me company singing his heart out in the Hawthorn just over the fence.

I know the adage/conundrum about wishing folks to live in interesting times, but I'd rather wish you all peace, and the joy in simple things at this end of the year :)

:grouphug:
Mary

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I cleaned my van inside and out on the first day of my Christmas break and I must admit it's nice sitting here 2 weeks later admiring a clean dashboard while I have lunch.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Out in the frost. I’m waterproofing yet another repair to the crazy quasi tipi. Sun on my back is actually warm. Birds are in twos already.

Reactions: Toddy

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I meant to ask about this. Dried Hibiscus flowers make a lovely tea; are your's of a suitable variety ? and how hard are they to grow ?
The second blossom of this month has just peaked, and is on the wane now but it doesnt have any more buds on it yet. it seems to bud when it feels like it. I did have it in another room, but it wasn't thriving. When I moved it to the S.W facing kitchen window, it just took off, so that's where it stays. As for ease of growing, all I do is water it and give it some house plant food every now and then.
I have no idea of the variety, or if it's any good for tea. I may experiment though.
IMG_0963.JPG

• Love

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I meant to ask about this. Dried Hibiscus flowers make a lovely tea; are your's of a suitable variety ? and how hard are they to grow ?
I just had a quick google and found these Toddy.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I buy dried hibiscus flowers to add to my own tea mixtures. It's a beautiful almost fruity colour and taste. For some reason I thought it like the tea camellia that I can only grow here with great care, and hadn't even considered that it might be a house plant.

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, by Easter I'll still have chocolate left from Christmas, so it's become a family thing that I don't want more chocolate at Easter, but buy me something for my garden instead :)
I think this Easter I might ask for a Hibiscus :)

Reactions: crosslandkelly

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
That is a brilliant feeling.

I remember seeing a Golden Eagle in Scotland like that. I just didn’t have cello with me.

1AC1E08F-DAA3-4831-B191-204161E474F0.jpeg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE