Ummm I have a new knife! A Wilkinson Sword Survival knife in NATO black!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
don't you mean 20:03 to 20:04 GMT or British summer time? Either way they worked for a couple of minutes.

Well that took you 11 minutes longer than I thought you'd take.

I don't think I ever actually did anything useful with it to be fair, except clear a huge overgrown garden and faffing about in the woods at the back of our old house. They are as blunt as Hell and the grinds need loads of work.

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
To be fair i'd love one of these to have a go with but £300!!!!! hand made and finished in pure titanium????......i think not and really couldn't justify the cost :-( so i guess ill have to go the zombie killer route instead :-D

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Collector prices they are asking there based on the Wilkinson heritage. I think they were originally £105 back in 2003. But Wilky Woodlores were only £99 then too. Sad to see Wilkinsons cutlery making come to an end.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I tried a bit of photoshop to show how the knife design might be improved ... get rid of the choil, reshape the handle, make it full tang with an integral guard shaping, get rid of the obese belly and saw back, delete the grind on the back of the blade and clean up the look of the knife.....

oh - someone got there first.....
images.jpg

:)

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
At the risk of making an eejit of myself.........

I can't see any of the pics (work PC blocking them), so are we discussing the WS Dartmoor CSK Survival jobbie?

If so, then I noticed one or two thread contributors (Ged for one) wistfully lusting after one.

I still have the one I posted for sale a few months back; it now also has a custom sheath made by Lee and is still available if anyone is interested?

I can link back to the original sale thread if anyone fancies it and we can carry on the discussion there.

Mods: Apologies if this breaks house rules; I am only testing possible interest again at this point.

Edit-this thread is the one selling the knife

Last edited by a moderator:

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... Sad to see Wilkinsons cutlery making come to an end.

Certainly is. But on the plus side, the wife's 1908 cavalry trooper's sword will be going up in value. :)

... I noticed one or two thread contributors (Ged for one) wistfully lusting after one.

I still have the one I posted for sale a few months back; it now also has a custom sheath made by Lee and is still available if anyone is interested? ...

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not in the market for one of these things. As I said I've always had a soft spot for them but I really can't see me ever using one.

is it me or when BCUK had an online shop a couple of years back didn't they have selection of these in various stages of finish from unground blades to finished knives ??? ...

It isn't just you, I've seen a range like that offered too. I don't remember it being the BCUK shop though, I thought it was Dartmoor Knives.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
You are right. They used to be available from the BcUK shop. I believe Tony bought a shed load of them when WS closed down.

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
I had one of the first run of these in the late 80's, after it was in the Combat and Survival magazine. I bought it from SA in Glasgow. Probably the most 'hell yeah' feeling on leaving a shop with my purchase of my life. Thats how much I wanted that knife.

So much anticipation. So much unjustified :( It was, frankly, an over-hyped pile of pants.

I spend bloody years trying to get on with that knife, then I cracked and moved it on. Good luck with it, but not for me. In fact, mind bleach please.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE