The most used knife in the hse

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago i was give an old, lets say butter knife. The handle was shot to bits, so i cut off what was left of it. So now to put a new handle to it and give it new life.

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

So now we got a new butter knife.

Cheers
Topknot

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's really neat :D in every sense of the word :D

Funny how despite the myriad of cooking knives available we still use, The Butter Knife, The Bread Knife, my Peeling knife, The Cheese Knife, on a daily basis.

M

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
That's really neat :D in every sense of the word :D

Funny how despite the myriad of cooking knives available we still use, The Butter Knife, The Bread Knife, my Peeling knife, The Cheese Knife, on a daily basis.

M

Toddy, how true are your words on the knives we use in the kitchen.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I find this amusing :)
That is not to say that your work is not superb as ever - it is - but in my house I have gone the other way...
In my early years of making knives I used to buy Lidl's kitchen knife sets and used the butchers carving knife as a source of blade steel to play with.
I tried making a bushcraft knife out of one but was not altogether happy with the result, so it went into the kitchen drawer - and is now my go too knife for everything from spreading butter, through meat and veg prep to cutting through the tough base crust of Sourdough bread....
Yup my most used knife in the house is a bushy!

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
I find this amusing :)
That is not to say that your work is not superb as ever - it is - but in my house I have gone the other way...
In my early years of making knives I used to buy Lidl's kitchen knife sets and used the butchers carving knife as a source of blade steel to play with.
I tried making a bushcraft knife out of one but was not altogether happy with the result, so it went into the kitchen drawer - and is now my go too knife for everything from spreading butter, through meat and veg prep to cutting through the tough base crust of Sourdough bread....
Yup my most used knife in the house is a bushy!

Thank you John. I got one of those everything knife. Mine came for Asda all i did was put a better wood handle to it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE