Quick Whittle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Since being diagnosed with Arthritis and just recently having that diagnosis updated to severe RA with secondary OA, i've found some things harder to do than ever before and it's often the silly, mundane things where im struggling, like holding a butter knife.

So being an avid whittler i have the skills to make my life easier and exercise my hands in the process, so having not been able to grip the narrow handled butter knife properly, i grabbed a bit of well seasoned, slightly spalted Ash and a pocket knife and made a nice new butter spreader to suit my hands, the handle has a nice flared end, the handle is fairly thick with a pleasing upward sweep that follows the grain, the business end is whittled down to a nice edge, but not so thin as to lose strength.

The spreader has an off the knife finish that shines beautifully in the autumn sunshine, took about 30 minutes to do, will try it out in the morning when i get my brekkers.

53354968941_61d541bf51_c.jpg

53355296609_bedcf16e63_c.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE