karrimor SF predator a generous 30l?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mickbr

Aug 23, 2018
Australia
Hi gents, wondered at the capacity of these before buying. Though its hard to measure do you think they are measuring flush with the top of the opening or when the internal flap is extended all the way up around the gear. Might sound like a wierd finicky question but there would probably be 5-7 L difference between either( I am guessing). I recall a buddy with a berghaus centurio used to stack gear well higher than normal and just cinch the top cover over whatever he had ro. I have a chinese made 30L assault pack about to fall apart which is just slightly cramped for my overnight sleeping kit etc which is why I am doing some internet analysis in advance.... trying to avoid a 45L at this stage.

mickbr

Aug 23, 2018
Australia
actually another way to frame it would be if anyone knows how it compares to ther berghaus centurio. Im also trying to avoid pouches on the outside, too easy to nick stuff out of them

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
A bit more expensive but I have to recommend the Savotta Jakarri M. Great pack, get the aluminium frame and carrying a fair bit of weight is a breeze. The lid floats for greater capacity.

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
I own a predator 30

I would say its 30l once it's closed properly and pulled down tight on the straps like the pictures show when it's shown online. With the inner expanded I would guess an easy 10l extra if not more if you loosen off the tension straps. I can dig mine out and take some pictures later for you

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
actually another way to frame it would be if anyone knows how it compares to ther berghaus centurio. Im also trying to avoid pouches on the outside, too easy to nick stuff out of them
It's considerably lighter, feels less bulky than my centurio did. Only downside is the lack of adding the rocket side pouches on the predator but it does have bottle holders on the sides and straps if you wanted to store a saw/axe/bivvy etc

mickbr

Aug 23, 2018
Australia
thanks fellas I ended getting a berghaus centurio 45 this time rather than try and stretch a 30L capabilities. Being an XXL sized guy my sleeping bag, jacket, poncho everything is larger so I finally took the plunge and will see how a 45 goes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE