Terrariums - The outdoors indoors.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If you have just plants in a terrarium or bottle, why not?

But I wouldn't lock anyone into such a little box, doesn't matter which species.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'm still toying with my design and assembling some key pieces that took some tracking down whilst I got distracted by other projects ( Magpie brain )

I'm intending to take my in more of a paludarium type route - so I have a 500 mm glass bell cloche with a diameter of 235 mm .

Just secured a glass 230mm flat topped round bowl with a depth of 130mm

I want to have the large bell cloche sit over the top of the flat topped bowl , this should then allow me to fill the bowl with some water and have a mixed view point of under water and over water plant life ( #fancy )

The next thing I'm contemplating is something I am very out of my comfort zone upon and that is wildlife.

I think it would be great to have something alive in the bottom water filled bowl for colour and movement.

From what I've seen the obvious choices seem to be Shrimp ( more colourful varieties than I first imagined ) , Small fish , and potentially - Frogs

But I have no idea if I'm pushing the envelope too much for an initial project.

Any seasoned sweats here that can offer advice?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE