Greetings

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

K813ZRA

May 1, 2015
Spain
Greetings all

My name is Travis, I am 27 years old and I am from the United States but I am currently living in Spain. Having grown up in rural Pennsylvania I have always had a fondness for the outdoors. Sadly I now live in the city, something I have not adjusted to well, and rarely get a chance to partake in any of my favorite activities. As such I have taken to the virtual world to enjoy the outdoor travels of others.

While I have many hobbies I rather enjoy outdoor activities the most. Fishing, hiking, camping, hunting, et al. Anyway, until about a year ago I would not have had a clue as to what bushcraft was but as I can't spend a lot of time in the countryside I took to youtube and discovered MCQBushcraft which led me to seek out similar channels. Long story short I started googling many terms, kit items, etc and eventually I found myself here.

I look forward to expanding my knowledge and chatting with people that share my fondness for the outdoors. Thank's for having me. :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello, and welcome to BcUK.

There are other members in Spain, and I'm pretty sure there's a Spanish bushcraft group too. Could be interesting to find out ?

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy the virtual campfire :D

cheers,
Toddy

K813ZRA

May 1, 2015
Spain
Hello, and welcome to BcUK.

There are other members in Spain, and I'm pretty sure there's a Spanish bushcraft group too. Could be interesting to find out ?

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy the virtual campfire :D

cheers,
Toddy

Thank you for the kind welcome. As for Spanish Bushcraft groups, yes there is Bushcraft Spain but my living in Spain is only temporary and I will be going back to the states around mid July. That aside, my Spanish is what you might call survival Spanish. You might think that living in Spain would equate to speaking Spanish easier but my wife and her family speak Valencian when they get together. Just a tad confusing when you are trying to learn.:lmao:

As an aside, there is a lot more info here than I thought. I have a lot of reading to do. :D

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Travis,Hope you enjoy your time here. I too looked on it as a way to enjoy the outdoors when things kept me away from it for a while and I've made it a home on the net. Great folk and lots of info. Be good to hear what you do manage to get up to in foreign climes. An outsiders view in a new place can be refreshing as it makes you look with different eyes.Hope you have fun and hope to see you on the forums.ATB,GB.

K813ZRA

May 1, 2015
Spain
Hi Travis,Hope you enjoy your time here. I too looked on it as a way to enjoy the outdoors when things kept me away from it for a while and I've made it a home on the net. Great folk and lots of info. Be good to hear what you do manage to get up to in foreign climes. An outsiders view in a new place can be refreshing as it makes you look with different eyes.Hope you have fun and hope to see you on the forums.ATB,GB.

To be honest I really don't get much done that is similar to how I used to live. My daily routine is hosting an English conversational group for those wanting to improve their speaking skills, shopping (food) and cooking. Cooking is another joy of mine and luckily living in a new place makes that quite interesting. I get to trade recipes with my in-laws as the cooking styles here and in the states differ. For example, it seems that in this area the use of spices is limited whereas I am used to using many. The selection of freshwater fish makes for slim pickings but in contrast there is quite the selection of seafood!

That in mind, I do get a bit of a gift at the weekends. My wife's family has a small country house that sits on about a quarter of an acre (not much but more than my apartment) where I can run the BBQ. So I do get to bust up some kindling and cook outside from time to time. I seem to enjoy it more now that I can't do it everyday. It sure makes for a good weekend. My mother-in-law and I take turns cooking at the weekends and I am always learning something new. :D

Also, I picked up a few new toys to play with when we have our BBQ weekends while at Decathlon yesterday. I scored an Opinel #8 (sadly they only had Inox), a pack of Light My Fire sporks and a cheap ferro rod. I will get a change to give them a go next weekend as this weekend is mothers day and we are taking my mother-in-law to the beach for lunch.

I do hope I get a chance to fish for some Wels in the Ebro in Zaragoza before I head back to the states but I still have some research to do as I am not familiar with the regulations. I do know that the Ebro is catch and release. Due to mercury levels from my understanding. If I do get the chance I will have to take some photos.

Hello and welcome Travis

Hello and thank you.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
To be honest I really don't get much done that is similar to how I used to live. My daily routine is hosting an English conversational group for those wanting to improve their speaking skills, shopping (food) and cooking. Cooking is another joy of mine and luckily living in a new place makes that quite interesting. I get to trade recipes with my in-laws as the cooking styles here and in the states differ. For example, it seems that in this area the use of spices is limited whereas I am used to using many. The selection of freshwater fish makes for slim pickings but in contrast there is quite the selection of seafood!

That in mind, I do get a bit of a gift at the weekends. My wife's family has a small country house that sits on about a quarter of an acre (not much but more than my apartment) where I can run the BBQ. So I do get to bust up some kindling and cook outside from time to time. I seem to enjoy it more now that I can't do it everyday. It sure makes for a good weekend. My mother-in-law and I take turns cooking at the weekends and I am always learning something new. :D

Also, I picked up a few new toys to play with when we have our BBQ weekends while at Decathlon yesterday. I scored an Opinel #8 (sadly they only had Inox), a pack of Light My Fire sporks and a cheap ferro rod. I will get a change to give them a go next weekend as this weekend is mothers day and we are taking my mother-in-law to the beach for lunch.

I do hope I get a chance to fish for some Wels in the Ebro in Zaragoza before I head back to the states but I still have some research to do as I am not familiar with the regulations. I do know that the Ebro is catch and release. Due to mercury levels from my understanding. If I do get the chance I will have to take some photos.

Hello and thank you.
They're from Portugal originally but I believe they can be had in parts of Spain too. A cataplana. Friend of mine has one (I'm looking for one too as I wan't to use it out in the woods and at the coast) Sounds like you like to cook and these pots are often used to make some wonderful seafood (and other types) of dishes. I do love to cook outside.
conchadouro_1068115384_imagem4.jpg

The Opinel is a fine knife, I usually have one in my pocket and they're great for food preperation and general day to day use. Easy to sharpen and a great price.

K813ZRA

May 1, 2015
Spain
They're from Portugal originally but I believe they can be had in parts of Spain too. A cataplana. Friend of mine has one (I'm looking for one too as I wan't to use it out in the woods and at the coast) Sounds like you like to cook and these pots are often used to make some wonderful seafood (and other types) of dishes. I do love to cook outside.
conchadouro_1068115384_imagem4.jpg

The Opinel is a fine knife, I usually have one in my pocket and they're great for food preperation and general day to day use. Easy to sharpen and a great price.
I will have to check to see if my mother-in-law has one of those.

As for the Opinel, I have a few 7's and 8's back in the states. They are simple but trusty!
Hello and welcome to the forum Travis :)
Thank you.

Hello and welcome!

Thank you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE