shower gel/shampoo that does'nt require water

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

little_leaf177

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2011
Liverpeewwll
Waterless is also great stuff. Mil marts been selling it for ages. It's IDEAL for forces. The surringe toothbrushes are awesome. Well worth getting if u don't intend to smel... Too much
regards
leaf177

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Keeping clean isn't too much of a problem.

The danger areas are waist irritation from a sweaty waistband, the nooks and crannies in the nether regions and the eyes.

Don't laugh, but "Femfresh" products are worth a gander - soap free, fragrance free etc. Canesten AF (athletes foot) cream can help more than just the feet.

If buying wet wipes buy decent "clothy" ones - not "value" ones. Those with a slight fragrance will help morale after a patrol because you "smell" clean and fresh. Small niceties like that can really help your mental state after a patrol/during a tour.

Two items most folk forget are a set of decent nail clippers (for toenails mostly) and a nail brush. Untrimmed toenails can turn black on long walks/patrols etc - never mind ingrowing toe nail problems that might need attention now and then. Bites, cuts and scratches can easily get infected from a dirty fingernail and quickly turn into ulcers and boils.

Hope this helps.

Liam

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Dont mean to put a downer on this thread.
But if the Army dont supply it you must not need it and on the other side of the coin if troops do have hygiene problems then the supply chain should notice and have to take action, especially if they fall ill.

Why should the troops folk out there own hard earned money
Stick to wet wipes, talc and a flannel with little water, Strip washes in a tub

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
But if the Army dont supply it you must not need it and on the other side of the coin if troops do have hygiene problems then the supply chain should notice and have to take action, especially if they fall ill.

Why should the troops folk out there own hard earned money...

Don't know about your military but in mine, personal hygiene is and always has been a PERSONAL responsibility. The military doesn't (and never has) issued ANYTHING. It's the individual members responsibility.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Water for drink yes. Cleaning? Well yes in garrison but not neccesarily when deployed. In Desert Shield 700 of us shared 2 showers and a garden hose. Once we progressed to desert Storm 300 of us were forward deployed with only canteens filled from a water buffalo. The infantry were far less well supplied than we were.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thanks again for your help & advice folks, we both appreciate the sharing of your experiences.

MikeLA, not quite sure where you are coming from on this one ?.

Regards,

Rob

johnboe522

Feb 20, 2012
lulworth
But if the Army dont supply it you must not need it

Ha ha if only you knew the length British soldiers go to and how much they spent on kit the army does not provide!!
And trust me they need it! Unit ID flashes for a start.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
But if the Army dont supply it you must not need it

Ha ha if only you knew the length British soldiers go to and how much they spent on kit the army does not provide!!
And trust me they need it! Unit ID flashes for a start.

Lol !, My sons not a kit junkie, unlike me, but even he's spending on bits & bobs, als trying to liberate as much as he can from me, as this stuff is'nt being provided for them.

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE